Last update and memcached

After the last update I had some problems with memcached and w3 total cache. It seems php was update to 5.6 and cant find memcache.

@angelcosta

EasyEngine installs memcached on server. btw you can see memcached with

netstat -tulpn | grep memcached

I get this:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:11211         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      7962/memcached  
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:11211         0.0.0.0:*                           7962/memcached  

If I activate it in W3tc, all goes boom and I get 500 errors on my website.

The issue is there is no php5-memcache or php5.6-memcache installed anymore. W3TC error states the class memcache was not declared, and that’s part of php5-memcache.

I think you’ll have to review your dependencies, guys.

I had the same issue. After upgrading to ee 3.5.0, memcached was gone from server.

try these shell commands one after the other:

ee clean --all
(will tell you that memcached is not installed)

apt-get install memcached
(will re-install memcached)

service nginx restart && service memcached restart
will restart nginx and memcached, so any ngx_pagespeed activated sites or memcached relying plugins can grab memcached.

@angelcosta @SaskiaLund

We have got following solution and works fine for us.

apt-get install php-memcache && service php5.6-fpm restart

This will resolve whitepage/500 issue when you setup w3tc plugin with memcache as db cache or object cache.

3 Likes

Thanks, @harshadyeola. Your solution worked for me!

@angelcosta

We have released a minor hotfix for this issue with version 3.5.2. so this issue will be resolved automatically once you update to EasyEngine version 3.5.2.

I don’t dare to update from ee 3.5.0 atm :smiley:

And there is another issue which just came up. Possibly related to above fixes and needs seperate fix:

daily logrotate notifies this:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/nginx/*.log ’
logrotate_script: 2: logrotate_script: /usr/lib/php5/php5-fpm-reopenlogs: not found
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/php5-fpm.log of '/var/log/php5-fpm.log ’
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Any idea what to do about it? seems that it needs adjusment because of php5.6 am I right?

@harshadyeola