Jquery Image expansion with navigation

Hey Guys,

I'm sure you are very busy with all the other extra and developments, but i also have been asked if this feature will be added to a future release ?

Purely for an aesthetic point of view, but the inclusion of some sort of Lightbox with JQuery expansion - similar to how the Jquery Balupton plugin works would be excellent.

It would highlight images to users when clicked on, and can then offer next/last navigation through an album, gallery style.

You may already have plans to incorporate it... so ignore me if you have.

If not, it would certainly add some very nice usability to BP media.

With thanks Monkfish

Hi @monkfish

We’ll be adding these type of gallery support in our future version of the plugin. Its already in our plans.

> We’ll be adding these type of gallery support in our future version of the plugin. Its already in our plans.

Will it be released in the 2.4 version?

@rkarel

2.4 will consist mostly of re-factoring the code and addition of actions and filters for extensibility. After that the features you're looking for will be added in it.

2.6 is done already, but this function is not ready yet.

Hi,

We would also like a beautiful BuddyPress Media. A good lightbox or some sort of pluggability that'll let popular jquery solutions just work out of the box is a must have for any media plugin.

However, tests with a couple of themes and our experience till now tells us that this will lead to a lot of issues and support requests for no code of our own. jQuery is theme territory and we've already intruded there.

Now, the good news is that BuddyPress 1.7 is on the way and it will let BuddyPress work with any theme (even twenty-thirteen or rtPanel. This will definitely help our case as the use of shoddy BuddyPress themes will decline and there will be more standard themes. Then, we'll be more confortable and less nerve-wrecked before adding any further jQuery.

Regards.