Is it possible to add another "media type" tab

I want members to add their youtube links … as to keep it sorted as “media” I was trying simply to:

bp_core_new_subnav_item( array(  
	'name' => __('YouTube', 'mm'),  
	'slug' => 'youtube',  
	'parent_url' => trailingslashit(bp_loggedin_user_domain().'media'),  
	'parent_slug' => 'media',  
	'screen_function' => 'mm_page',  
	'position' => 100  
	)  
);  

but with no result … is there any filter way?
thanks

Youtube video encoding is the future milestone for rtMedia-PRO and I don’t think for that you need to register a new media type.

Sweet, but What I basically meant was just simply any new tab… not only youtube … simply how to extend your #submenu with my page please?)

btw: you mean encoding meanwhile Im cool when they supply their links only, … already have that page, just wanted to keep it among familiar stuff and not somewhere out.

btw2: would definitely prefer audio/video capture … is it on or out of your milestones list?
thankx

You can use add_extra_sub_nav action to add new subnav.

I’m sorry, my mistake here, it is not encoding, it is embedding youtube video :wink:

Capturing audio/video is also in milestone list but we haven’t give any thought on that.

I was using bp_setup_nav … but using your add_extra_sub_nav isnt helping me much … am I doing dit right?

function mm_add_extra_sub_nav() {

bp_core_new_subnav_item( array(  
	'name' => __('YouTube', 'mm'),  
	'slug' => 'youtube',  
	'parent_url' => trailingslashit(bp_loggedin_user_domain().'media'),  
	'parent_slug' => 'media',  
	'screen_function' => 'mm_page',  
	'position' => 100  
	)  
);  

}
add_action( ‘add_extra_sub_nav’, ‘mm_add_extra_sub_nav’);

No, you don’t have to use bp_core_new_subnav_item to add extra subnav.
rtMedia automatically create subnav for registered allowed media types and if you want to add other tabs than you need to use that hook.
Please check RTMediaNav.php file fpr how that works -> https://github.com/rtCamp/rtMedia/blob/master/app/main/controllers/template/RTMediaNav.php#L226

I see … tnx … this turned to be more clear :smiley:

I am glad that your query is resolved :slight_smile: