Is EE abandoned?

Why reiterate something that I had just given as an initial dealbreaker, and then repeat it again?
I know that the 25 sites limit is NOT fixed, and that is why I left EE4 behind. It’s completely irrelevant that it’s an old topic - in fact, that makes it worse, that something that is critical for many installations still isn’t fixed (especially when it could have been fixed by now).

Buh bye EasyEngine!

I feel like you are stressed for some reason. Relax.
You said that 25 limit was a dealbreaker for you. But you did not say anything that you know that the limit can be removed. Whatever.

ZinkDifferent thought you meant “not fixed” as in “still broken”, but I think you actually meant “not fixed” as in “it is possible to increase it”.

:slight_smile: Correct.

So the question still stands… is EE abandoned or there are plans for the future? Can any of the admins help us out with this question?

The answer on this question has been answered before. No, it is not abandoned.
If people would read more the forum and RT Camp statements, ‘the’ would know that it is not abandoned. The only problem is lack of staff working on it. Their business is by big part based on ee. Last update was their plugin 2 months ago, for ee. + everything works. Too many are just too ignorant.

1 Like

glad to hear that ee4 isnt abandoned. For me ee4 works well, it creates https for me fast and with docker it get container/website up fast and some manual modify to bridge them together i dont have to go through lengthy scripts to setup https. ofc 25 or 27 containers is a limit, but imho if needed then with clustering of 2 or more docker machines one will get 25*number of docker machines. at this moment i still have nothing to complain about eev4, great work so far.

Unfortunately I won’t agree with you. I made this post a month ago before going for holidays hoping that when I’m back there will be any support from RTCamp for EE. Unfortunately it seems to me that EE is abandoned.
Here’s why.
The last update of EE was 6 months ago. Since then the last response to any Github issue from contributors was in June (over 4 months ago). I can’t see any response from any contributor on the forum, Git or any update on the blog. It seems to me that RTCamp after becoming VIP partner got so busy that they abandoned their work for any serious Open Source products. It’s a shame comparing to companies that grew on Open Source as well like Human Made, 10up or XWP that continuously provide input to the community.
The worst part is a couple of serious issues that EE has out of the box (other than over 70 other bugs reported on Github). One having no control over logs from EE which is going to hit hard every EE user very soon because every website has different logs, docker container doesn’t limit them and they grow very quickly. Now this might not be a quick problem but wait a few months and 40GB of logs won’t be anything unusual. The second, less worrying but still a serious bug, is that EE has not correctly configured email docker (with DNS screwed up between docker and email client) making it impossible for a docker to send emails to its own domain. This is still a serious issue because less savvy users won’t figure out that they’re not getting emails from their own website until they get some email plugin like Mailgun or WP SMTP.

Now, with that settled.
Did anyone see any migration tool from EE to WordOps? I’m planning to move all of our servers away from EE during Christmas break and would be awesome if there’s some helpful script around.

mariadb logs is a very, very, big problem they need to fix this A.S.A.P
before its to late… please update ee v4.0.15

• only 4 months ago.
  • plugin update for ee was 2 months ago.
  • v3 wasn’t updated for over a year once - you should read more about it if you are new (I am new to ee and look what I already know about it: its history)
  • they don’t have the man power
  • they don’t offer support

“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: The A-Team.”

:man_facepalming: sometimes when you have nothing good to say, it’s just better to say nothing… I’m sure they have their own representatives to voice their position, they don’t need you (surely knowing little about the situation) to defend them

Right after doing a new installation I saw this post!
I was frustrated, I already passed because here several times asking for help and no one contacted to help me.
So after seeing this post I think that’s right EE is unfortunately dead.

Save who you can!

Yes this is a huge problem i experienced… log files growing so fast that my server ran out of space which caused all my websites to stop working, all SSL certificates were f*cked, ioncube scripts alarmed the developers which locked me out of their scripts etc… many problems.

I have placed the cronjobs to empty my logs every once in a while because i dont see any other solution at the moment.

Would you be able to share your cron script with the community?
I’m out of EE but I’m sure a few people would appreciate help with clearing their logs

You can follow this guide : https://docs.wordops.net/guides/migration-from-easyengine/

1 Like

EasyEngine was supposed to be EASY, and that is all.
Maybe it is still a good tool for some applications, but it’s not simple and easy as it was before. This is the simple reason I migrated everything to WordOps.

Cool that you speak. I not test the wordops. i have 2 site work im mode production. If is how you talk that the wordops need very upgrade. Not is necessery for me. i am use the EE 4 with the he have. nothing custom. I am use wordpress. if necessry plugin cache and SEO. with SSL that i have problems for renew but i solved. nothing very hard. and i am use now cloudflare flexible is possible. i need just more options for ssl and other services but that is not very necessery how the email. per example. Bye bye! And thx for opinion.

WordOps has some issues, especially in customizations during setup. However, they’ve managed to build a reasonable following, a responsive community and they stay on top of supporting problems.

While rtCamp seems to have basically abandoned EEv4 (at least from the community side), WordOps development and usage continues and their community continues to grow.