IPV6 with Nginx

So my droplet at DO has IPV6. I did some AAA records to www and non www (naked domain), but I want to be sure that nginx has the possibility for IPV6. I see its automaticaly configured by you guys to have ipv6 support with the nginx -V command, but can’t find in nginx.conf the listen part.

What do you recommend?

I was able to add ipv6 by using the ee site edit command and then creating an additional listen entry. You should end up with two listen entries like the following :

listen 80;
listen [::]:80;

you can also change that for ssl. I was able to verify that this properly displayed my website. I actually use ssl so this is the entry I used listen [::]:443 ssl spdy;

You have to ensure that the AAAA entry has @ with the ipv6 address without the /64. I did not have to modify anything else.

I got my information from here

3 Likes

hopefully this will be added to the defaults of easyengine since this also fixed the facebook not scraping properly since facebook uses ipv6

Hi @alexblajan

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: