In buddypress

What filter does a media post show up under? On the activity page of buddypress you can filter what shows up, you can choose from everything, updates, posts, comments, profile updates, topics, etc…

I would like to know which of these filters a post attached to a photo i upload using rtmedia would fall under, and if and how its possible to change. Thanks!

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/65511/2014/05/Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Doug,
Please check this support thread -> https://rtcamp.com/support/topic/rtmedia-activity-updates-not-showing-in-activity-loop/

Thanks ritesh, but that link is broken.

Hi doug,

rtMedia stores activity update as “rtmedia_update” in database and that’s why it is not showing into filter activity updates.

Use this code in your theme’s functions.php file it will add a new option to filter rtMedia related updates.

function add_activity_media_update_filter() {  
	echo "Media Update";  
}  
add_action( 'bp_activity_filter_options', 'add_activity_media_update_filter' );

That worked to get it to show up on a user’s profile activity wall who is friends with the poster, but not on the main activity wall to every member of the site.

I made these changes to /home/g1c32100530753/html/wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php

/**  
 * Activity Stream Default Updates  
 */  
function make_swa_show_notice_only( $retval ) {	  

if ( bp_is_page( 'activity' ) ) {  
		$retval['action'] = 'activity_update';					  
	 }  

return $retval;  

}  
add_filter( 'bp_after_has_activities_parse_args', 'make_swa_show_notice_only' );  
?>  

I’d imagine that that plays a part in the issue. Any ideas on how to get an rtmedia post with media to show up on the main activity wall for all users, whether friends or not, as well? Thanks a ton, you guys rock.

Can you just comment out this code and check it works or not because the code I gave you is working in all the cases.

Yes, removing

/**  
 */  

$retval['action'] = 'activity_update';					  
	 }  

return $retval;  

}  
add_filter( 'bp_after_has_activities_parse_args', 'make_swa_show_notice_only' );

Fixed the problem. However I need that code. It makes updates be the only thing to show up on the main activity wall, which I need. So what can we do?

Check the above link I gave you. That might help.
What your filter does is it only allows activity_updates and removes all the other types of activity actions.

So is there anyway to change the rtmedia posts to be an activity update in the activity wall’s eyes?

or add the rtmedia posts to be allowed to show as well as the activity updates?

Something like…

/**  
 */  

$retval['action'] = 'activity_update', 'rtmedia_update';					  
	 }  

return $retval;  

}  

…Only I don’t know how to write the code properly…

looks like

*/  

$retval['action'] = 'activity_update, rtmedia_update';					  
	 }  

return $retval;  

}

did it. any idea what the same code but for forum posts would be? i would like those to show up as well.

thats bbforum by the way

Activity action for bbPress are bbp_topic_create and bbp_reply_create. If above code works than also these 2 actions, it will work.

You are a problem solving rockstar, thank you so much man! Where did you find that information? I would also, and lastly, like to include when someone new joins the website, but have no clue where to find the code for that as well.

Hi Doug,
To get all the activity action, simply check the “select” element on activity page which filters all the activity actions. For new member, action is new_member.

you rock man! Thank you so much for the help genius!

Glad to know that your issue is resolved :slight_smile: