I can not install nginx

After running the command apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade the server seems to be off no site is opening, it seems that after running the command it removed NGINX and when I try to install this error.

Adding repository for NGINX, please wait… Updating apt-cache, please wait… Installing packages, please wait… Oops Something went wrong!! Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

Are you running easyengine on debian 8 ?

Yes, I checked the terminal and went to debian version 8.9

Hi naldolube

I’m having the exact same problem! Already try the follow [Warning] EasyEngine on Debian 8 Jessie packages but problem is still not resolved.

Did anyone found the solution? Thanks

At the moment, it will be easier to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. If you want to use debian, add a # at the beginning of the line :

deb http://packages.dotdeb.org jessie all

in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ee-repo.list

Then install nginx with :

apt update
ee stack install --nginx

and set nginx as hold to not update it with the package from dotdeb.org

apt-mark hold nginx-ee nginx-custom nginx-common

Then you can remove the #, and use apt update again.

Hi @virtubox

Follow your advice… but still does not work. After follow all the steps when I run the command: “ee stack start” it shows as you can see bellow FAILED for nginx:

ee stack start Start : nginx [Failed] Start : php5-fpm [OK] Start : mysql [OK] Start : postfix [OK]

If I make “ee stack reload” it shows all ok:

ee stack start Start : nginx [Failed] Start : php5-fpm [OK] Start : mysql [OK] Start : postfix [OK]

Any further advice? At this point and if I cannot resolve this in the next hours I will re-install the server and start clean again…

Thanks

My mistake copy/paste. The result of “ee stack reload is”

ee stack reload Start : nginx [OK] Start : php5-fpm [OK] Start : mysql [OK] Start : postfix [OK]

After the installation, nginx is automatically started, you do not need ot use ee stack start

Ok… but the command should work. Also try to reboot the server and the same error happens.

Any other advice? Thanks

Use service nginx status to see if there is an issue. You can also remove all nginx package and reinstall them.

ee stack purge --nginx

ee stack install --nginx

Hi @virtubox

Thanks again for your help and advice… but it still does not work. Bellow I leave you with the full log. Any other idea? Once again thanks!

root@hostname:~# service nginx status nginx.service Loaded: masked (/dev/null) Active: inactive (dead)

Warning: Unit file changed on disk, ‘systemctl daemon-reload’ recommended.

root@hostname:~# systemctl daemon-reload

root@hostname:~# service nginx status nginx.service Loaded: masked (/dev/null) Active: inactive (dead)

root@hostname:~# ee stack reload Reload : nginx [OK] Reload : php5-fpm [OK] Reload : mysql [OK] Reload : postfix [OK]

root@hostname:~# ee stack start Start : nginx [Failed] Start : php5-fpm [OK] Start : mysql [OK] Start : postfix [OK]

root@hostname:~# ee stack purge --nginx Are you sure you to want to purge from server along with their configuration packages, Any answer other than “yes” will be stop this operation :yes Stop : nginx [OK] Purging packages, please wait… Oops Something went wrong!! Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

root@hostname:~# tail /var/log/ee/ee.log Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them. The following packages will be REMOVED: nginx-custom* nginx-ee* The following held packages will be changed: nginx-custom nginx-ee 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 1 not upgraded. After this operation, 1801 kB disk space will be freed. E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes 2017-08-14 17:37:17,821 (INFO) ee : Oops Something went wrong!! 2017-08-14 17:37:17,821 (ERROR) ee : Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

root@hostname:~# ee stack install --nginx

I’m reinstalling everything, but those who have problems see this.

https://vip.gerenciandoweb.com/forum/topico/erro-nginx-ao-atualizar-servidor-debian/

As root, run nginx -t in order to know exatly where is the issue preventing Nginx from starting.

nginx -t nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

All seems ok… but websites don’t work. I will proceed wth a new/clean installation.

If you’re going to clean install, I suggest you to follow Virtubox’s advice: use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS instead of Debian right now.

Yes, will try Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Normally I always prefer Debian but I really need Easyengine running without issues.