How to make different EasyEngine LEMP stacks with separate PHP5 & PHP 7 for different Wordpress website on one VPS‏ plan?

Hello,

I’m running websites each with different PHP version and php.ini setting by reseller plan of other hosting provider, and I want to migrate 2~3 of them to Linode VPS.

I need to have two PHP websites, one running PHP5 and one running PHP7 on a single host (by vhost). I’ve found some article about installing PHP5 & PHP7 manually and separately in different directories for different websites.

Just unfortunately, EasyEngine seems unavailable for above purpose so that I think I can’t sell the cow and drink the milk :frowning:

Could someone know whether EasyEngine is available for it, and how to achieve it with EasyEngine?

In the same time, I’ve got a reply to my post about it on Linode forum: https://forum.linode.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13985&view=unread&sid=2dafc0370a8d9771d9f3fdb6a566e5dc#p71456

“You can create additional disks in your Linode Manager based on how much disk quota you have. Then attach each disk to your main configuration profile. Then when booted, you’ll need to modify your fstab file to boot with these partitions consistently on each boot.”

Then, I found this: https://wiki.debian.org/fstab It’s about mounting disk partitions, and indicates how they are to be initialized or otherwise integrated into the overall system’s file system for my other purpose: Managing multiple PHP version and different websites on on Linode VPS.

But I’m not sure whether it is helpful for making different EasyEngine LEMP stacks with separate PHP5 & PHP 7 for different Wordpress website on one VPS‏ plan?

Thanks, Green

@yanggh No it’s not. I was looking into this, having different version of php.ini on same system is not a feasible solution. A way to around it could be as mentioned in this post. . Another way for this could be deploying those sites in docker containers and then having a load balancer with a local DNS to direct all the ingress requests to their respective containers.

But none of the above method have been tested by me. So I really can’t suggest a solution right now.

I do not see another way to do than docker. but with EE and php 5.6 everywhere it should be fast enough for your website