How to install pagespeed mod on easy engine?

Hi,

I try to install pagespeed mod on my VPS. It uses the easy engine. I already installed one WordPress site. Then I followed this rtcamp guide , but I can’t see any command line to download the pagespeed mod nginx version. Therefore I skip its 1 and 2nd stesps and started from the “Creating Pagespeed global configuration”. Then nginx gives me errors.

So Easy Engine already installed pagespeed module or I have to follow this official instruction and start the configuration?

Thanks,

Hi @aka20,

We have created our own Nginx PPA. LInk for same is : https://launchpad.net/~rtcamp/+archive/ubuntu/nginx In this PPA we include several modules, and with this Pagespeed is also included. We this PPA with EasyEngine.

Unfortunately page speed module is not include any longer. If I include pagespeed.conf I will get an error after reloading nginx : “unknown directive”. I have installed a couple of website this week and in always worked. I found out this problem does not persists when using ubuntu 14.04, only with debian 7.

Hi @aka20

EasyEngine now has support for pagespeed module.

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: