How to install ioncube

I need to host some applicate on eagengine platform. Need to install ioncube. How to do that ? Guide me with commands.

command one, say hello. command two, say please and thank you command three, be a hero

4 Likes

Well said! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well said indeed! Nevertheless, it took me some time to figure out the whole thing in Easy Engine, so here is the step by step instructions that worked for me, in a 64bit ubuntu OS and for php 5.6. You can extrapolate to other OS and php versions

The important point is to not to use mods-available and conf.d/20-ioncube.ini and such, as it results on a 502 Gateway error. Hopefully easyengine updates will not change php.ini… anybody nows? In any case, here it is:

cd /tmp
wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
tar xfz ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
php -i | grep extension_dir`

The last command is just to make sure we organize the .so file in the right folder in the next command. The output was: extension_dir => /usr/lib/php/20151012 => /usr/lib/php/20151012 so:

cp /tmp/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so /usr/lib/php/20151012

Now edit /etc/php/5.6/fpm/php.ini and add at the end:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20151012/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so

Finally:

service php5.6-fpm restart

That’s it!

PS. For the OCD, the mods-available / conf.d method will work if you call the symbolic link 01-ioncube.ini, so that it loads first

2 Likes

PPS. I ended up not using mods_available… it calls for trouble, just put it first line on php.ini