How to adjust settings of global nginx-proxy (not a site's nginx)

I’m experiencing a problem that I believe I have traced to the settings of the global nginx-proxy service.

I want to adjust some settings for this nginx service, just like I would for a single site, in the single site’s custom config file at /opt/easyengine/sites/example.com/config/nginx/custom/user.conf

However, I cannot figure out where to add these settings for the global proxy service.
I’ve followed all the docs I can find in the easyengine documentation, including (but certainly not limited to):

and no change I make has any effect, and often is overwritten when services restart.

I want to find a place I can add custom overrides of the default values that will persist through reboots and ee upgrades.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks,

David.

@mrrobot47, can you help me with this? I can’t find the info in any documentation, forum threads, or searching through server files.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is something I absolutely must find the answer to.

Many thanks!

For the proxy-nginx that sits in front of all the individual sites, you will need to go to:

/opt/easyengine/services/nginx-proxy/conf.d

or

/var/lib/docker/volumes/global-nginx-proxy_confd/_data

Both addresses are the same place(symbolic links). In this directory, create a new conf file and place your changes. This is where I placed my changes. reload nginx-proxy when completed.

OMG, thank you @lotusjeff.

I had tried changing the default.conf in that folder, but of course it’s a generated file so to apply the changes by restarting the service immediately purges the changes.

Why I didn’t think/realize to add a separate file is beyond me.

You just solved a literally 2 week struggle for me. Thank you!

I think adding a single sentence under the “Nginx Proxy & Containers” section that says “To add custom configuration to the nginx-proxy, add a net .conf file here” at the very end of:
https://easyengine.io/handbook/internal/nginx-proxy#nginx-proxy-containers

Thank you!