Git integration in easyengine

Hi all, I’ve read all tutorials in Git section (Git) , but didn’t understood… Is easyengine making auto backups or not (before apt-get upgrade and before ee updates itself)? How should I make complex remote repo in Bitbucket (for example) with my mysql/php/nginx/mail configs?

Thanks a lot!

EasyEngine uses git to backup nginx, php and other config files. These are often changed with EasyEngine commands so backup help us restore things.

Currently, EasyEngine do not offer any backup solution for site content - database and files. This feature will be added soon.

What are commands to backup all my configs? And is it done automatically?

There are no explicit commands to take config backups in EasyEngine.

All easyengine commands which modified config files takes backup of config automatically, before and after making any changes.

If you want to backup manually, you can go to any config folder and use git commands directly.

But how can I revert changes to previous config, for example of php-fpm? Like the situation when you update ee and it breaks something…

Go to config folder and refer http://git-scm.com/docs/git-revert

Thanks! One more question: if I make apt-get update and apt-get upgrade will easyengine make backups before the update in order if I modified some files msnually? And in what cases do ee make a backup at all?

EE takes config backup only when you run any ee command.

When running apt-get if it ask you to overwrite config, please choose NO.

Oh, I think this info should be included in FAQ, cause It is not obvious…now I should reinstall all my VPS I think( And its maybe a feature to track changes when updating the system.

Hi @drew_321

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: