Fresh install not uploading even after Post Update is pressed

I've read the posts about there needing to be some text in the text area and that the upload will start once i hit Post Update. It doesn't work.

This is a fresh install, so I don't have any migration issues. I'm using the default Buddy Press Theme.

Any ideas?

PHP 5.3.24 MYSQL 5.0.96 WordPress 3.6 BuddyPress 1.8.1 rtMedia 3.1 OS Linux Imagick ImageMagick 6.5.4-7 2012-05-07 Q16 OpenMP www.imagemagick.org GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 33M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 32M [php.ini] memory_limit 64M

One thing I just noticed is that when I click the tab for Media in any of my groups it says Page Not Found.

Do I need to create a base Media page and put the short code on it?

doesn't work on Twenty Thirteen either

OK, I solved it. I found that 404 error solution and that took care of everything by simply saving the permalinks settings again.

Guys... seriously put that on your installation instructions.

Oh and this looks like a kick butt pluggin... thanks for your work.

@kevincotter - Glad to know you could get your issue resolved and thanks for the appreciation.

You could find some useful links here -> http://rtcamp.com/rtmedia/docs/, although the documentation is not yet complete.

Also as of now the media tab is not compatible on Twenty Thirteen out of the box and would need the rtMedia templates to be overridden.

We have these issues in our todo and are trying to resolve them in the upcoming versions.

@kevincotter - The latest version of rtMedia is now more theme compatible and works seamlessly with the Twenty Thirteen theme too.