For Video Pop Up issu

Hi

my name is vishal kalaria and i am the web devloper i have paid kleo wordpress theme and i have integrate a buddypress rt media iwant to know some customization on that

1. i wanted to play a video on popup ineed to play the video on popup in the video feed user just click and play the video on pop up

2. need a video image insted of rt media image as like youtube and other site my user look the video image insted of the rt media default image

as 1 issu we use light box but we can only play popup video on clicking of video title i need to create user play popup video to click anywhere on video

Hello @vishal1,

Please find my answers below to your questions:

1. i wanted to play a video on popup ineed to play the video on popup in the video feed user just click and play the video on pop up

You will need to add some custom JavaScript code in your theme for this. We can share a sample code that you can refer:

jQuery( document ).ready( function () {
    jQuery( document ).on('click', '.rtmedia-item-thumbnail', function(){
        jQuery(this).parent().find('.rtmedia-item-title a').trigger('click');
    });
});
  1. need a video image insted of rt media image as like youtube and other site my user look the video image insted of the rt media default image

From your query, I found that your requirement is to have media thumbnails generated from the video while they get uploaded.

This can be done by our Transcoder service.

You can use the free transcoder service - https://rtmedia.io/transcoder/ which will help to generate thumbnails for a video file. Here is the setting page and related document - https://rtmedia.io/docs/transcoder/#settings-page

Once you enable this service, your video will be passed to generate the thumbnails from the uploaded video.

Kindly, let us know if you have any doubts.

I hope this will help you. Thank you, Pranali

hi thank you for your replay

i have aleready set the video popup on clicking of title but i need to popup all video on user click anywhere on image or play button it need to be open in popup

Hello @vishal1,

It is the default behavior to open the lightbox when a user clicks on the media title.

The snippet provided in my previous reply will open lightbox(popup) if a user clicks on the media thumbnail of a video under the BuddyPress activity page.

Please, once try and let us know if it works for you. Kindly correct me if we have misunderstood your query.

Thanks.

I am using this code to make the video play in a lightbox. I noticed two things.

1.) When the user clicks on a video comment within the lightbox, another lightbox opens up to show the video comment and the user can’t go back to the first video. Is there any way to disable the lightbox in the lightbox comments, so there won’t be lightbox issues? Or is there any way to add a “back button” in the lightbox to take the user back to the main lightbox that they were viewing, to keep the flow moving for the user? This happens with photos too, the user can’t go back to the main lightbox.

2.) When the user clicks on the video in the activity stream, the video plays, then it takes about a second or two for the video to load in the lightbox, so about two seconds are repeated and the user sees it as a glitch. Is there any fix for this? Perhaps make the video player inactive in the activity stream so the lightbox will show up faster? Or even replacing the video player with an image that I set? I don’t know what to do, I don’t have any more ideas.

Hello @mayzfieldtv,

Please, find my answers below:

1. This is the expected behavior from rtMedia plugin. The user can close the lightbox and reach to the page from where he/she has started.

To alter the existing behavior, you will need to do some custom coding for your requirement as there is not any direct option to disable the lightbox for comments at the admin setting for now.

1. To show the video faster - depends on different other parameters than the plugin such as the size of the different media, server response etc. Making the player inactive in activity or replace with an image is a custom requirement which also requires custom coding in the existing plugin functionality. There is not any custom code exists already for such case as of now.

However, you can always add your suggestions here - https://github.com/rtmediawp/rtmedia/issues It will help us to collect such ideas and comments of other users having similar requests to improve the plugin.

Thanks