First install, WP login issues

HI All, so for the first time i installed a vps at D.O. and during installation i wasnt asked to set my desired username and pass. The one sent to my email was : admin

Now you do suggestion to use vim /etc/easyengine/ee.conf and change it. Since i didnt had vim i installed and before that i uses pico /etc/easyengine/ee.conf to enter and i changed my username and password. Thing is, username is still admin , and i cant login with my changed username.

Also i cant login to mydomain.com/2222 what ever combination i use , wp login, vps login, root login…

What should i do ? Thanks

A little update : I did find out how to log in php my admin . Still i dont recall that during the installation i was asked for Http user and pass.

This is where i did found php my admin cat ~/.my.cnf

but this part doesnt do anything for me

Generate htpasswd-ee file

printf “HTPASSWDUSER:$(openssl passwd -crypt HTPASSWDPASS 2> /dev/null)\n” >> /etc/nginx/htpasswd-ee

It says : NOTE: Change Follwoing Values HTPASSWDUSER = HTTP Authentication Username HTPASSWDPASS = HTTP Authentication Password

If i run pico /etc/nginx/htpasswd-ee

easyengine : somekey HTPASSWDPASS : pass

so how do i change this two.

If i run pico /etc/nginx/htpuser-ee

it’s emtpy …so should i change pass and add one user to empty space. I’m total newbie with vps :smiley:

HI,
if you need Wordpress login/password.
It is displayed on screen during site creation like this:

WordPress Admin Username: admin
WordPress Admin Password: Yc37VQfJZSYNVJsESC

If you lost that you can find in EasyEngine log file ( location: /var/log/easyengine/ee.log) .

Also, If you need to change HTTP AUTH of site, this link will help you.

So during easyengine installation we cant chose wanted username and pass nor to change it later. User Admin or the pass i need to search everytime (if not saved) is not a good thing , especially username admin.

Regarding the other thing , just to be sure :

When i run ee secure --auth

This will prompt you to enter username and password, if you don’t enter anything it will set default username and password as easyengine.

and change user and pass below, they would be changed ?

Provide HTTP authentication user name [easyengine]: user Provide HTTP authentication password [easyengine]:

EasyEngine by default used admin and random password for WordPress, but you can change this behaviour by modifing /etc/easyengine/ee.conf file Refer: https://github.com/rtCamp/easyengine/wiki/EasyEngine-Config-File#user

EasyEngine by default set easyengine:easyengine for HTTP auth, if you want to change this then you can used ee secure --auth command

Yes if you like to chnage it then provide username and password if you make it blank then its set to default easyengine:easyengine for HTTP AUTH

FYI: HTTP auth username:password is not your wordpress username:password.

Hi @Maxst,

I hope your query is resolved. I am closing this support topic for now.

Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: