Favorite Button change to Like Button

How can I change the “Favorite” Button on the activity area to “like” Button and see the number of people who like? The plug in I found was a conflict - like the buddypress Like and buddy wall… is there a solution for this?

Hello jacob,
Are you talking about text? If yes, then you can change it in buddyPress template.

Are you using child theme or make changes in InspireBook theme directly?

i made a few changes but it’s more on the css the one that Jetpack provides where I can put all the css changes I want. And I also did insert an FB somehting on the inspirebook directly. To be honest. I’m not even a professional or properly educated in regards to developing or making a web. I’m just learning now. I just want it to become “Like” isntead of “favorite” and see the counts on how many people liked it.

Also another thing, i know that i should create a new post for this bu i want to also add to this that how can I make the search box on the top much longer (the width) like on the one we have on the facebook page and stop it from sizing, i wabt it just fixed. Thanks in advance!

Hello jacob,
I recommend you to use child theme instead of doing changes in InspireBook theme directly. For more details check out following links.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

https://rtcamp.com/rtpanel-example-child-theme-released/

After using child theme you can easily customize the theme as per your requirement.

Let me for further assistance.

Thanks

Ok, so let say I’m already using a child theme. How do I edit it or change the “Favorite” to “Like” plus the count on how many like a buddypress activity post?

What do I need to change and how will I do that? Thanks in advance!

Copy entry.php from inspirebook > buddypress > activity > entry.php

Paste in your child theme with same folder structure. Now you can find “Favorite” on line 69 in entry.php, replace your text and done.

Let me know for further assistance.

Thanks

How about the “count” or the number of people who like it? Will it also show? Mine doesn’t show any count at all. Thnaks

How about the “count” or the number of people who like it? Will it also show? Mine doesn’t show any count at all. Thnaks