Favicon upload

Hi there, I cannot upload a favicon. Tried jpg, ico, png, but nothing works. What am I doing wrong? regards, Marina

Hi Marina,
rtPanel supports only uploading of .ico files for favicons as it is the preferred format.
Could you tell me what error you get when you upload a .ico file.

Hi, Joshua
Here is the message:
Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.
I simply renamed the jpg file into .ico file. Maybe that’s not the right way to do it? How do I create an .ico otherwise?
regards,
Marina

Renaming is not the proper way to go. You can create a favicon here -> http://www.favicon.cc/

I tried uploading a favicon from favicon.cc and I keep getting the following error:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /homepages/35/d94434550/htdocs/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 1254  

I am not sure what the cause of this error is, as that line in that file was designed to catch exceptions.

Hi garr,

I am guessing that your WordPress is a multisite install. If yes, then you would have to allow "ico" files in your network settings. For this you must log in to your network dashboard then go to -> Settings -> Network Settings. Here you will find an option "Upload file types". You just need to add "ico" in that.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi, Just want to say thank you to @joshuaabenazer Three months after his post here I was having the same problem, and his answer helped me fix it. :)