External database server for EE 4

Hello!

I’m bootstrapping a server to install some WordPress sites there, but the database will be managed and hosted in another server. The documentation probably lacks some information or it is incompatible to version 4 of EE. https://easyengine.io/docs/remote-mysql/

What I really want is to run ee site create --type=wp ... and create the site database transparently, as it would be without an external database. I did a test using socat, that is bundled to easyengine/mariadb docker image and it works, but of course, instead socat, we would use haproxy or something else more robust.

The change I did is in /opt/easyengine/services/docker-compose.yml

global-db:
    image: easyengine/mariadb:v4.1.4
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - "db_data:/var/lib/mysql"
      - "db_conf:/etc/mysql"
      - "db_logs:/var/log/mysql"
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=HOLYCHRISTILEAKEDTHEPASS
    command: socat TCP-LISTEN:3306,reuseaddr,fork TCP-CONNECT:db1.digitalocean.com:3306
    sysctls:
      - net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries=2
      - net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range=2000 65535
      - net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337=1
      - net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout=15
      - net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time=300
      - net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes=5
      - net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl=15
      - net.core.somaxconn=65536
      - net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets=1440000
    extra_hosts:
      - "db1.digitalocean.com:10.111.111.123"
    networks:
      - global-backend-network

I also added the file /opt/easyengine/services/mariadb/conf/conf.d/mysql-client.cnf

[client]
host=db1.digitalocean.com:
user=root
password=HOLYCHRISTILEAKEDTHEPASS

After these changes, I could run ee site create ... as explained in the docs. It was not needed to create database user and schema manually, neither add --dbname, --dbpass or --dbhost.

So, it is possible to have an ee command to setup the global-db to use an external service?

Thank you,