Example.com/media URL problem

When a member is logged-in and they visit example.com/media - they are shown their own media gallery.

When a site user is logged-out and they visit example.com/media - they get a message "Oops !! There's no media found for the request !!"

I can see a few problems with this set up.

1. example.com/media and example.com/username/media will have the exact same content. Duplicate content on a website is never good. In fact many more URLs will have the exact same duplicate content e.g. example.com/username/messages/media

2. example.com/media will always show an empty gallery (Oops !! There's no media found for the request !!) when a visitor is logged-out.

Be good to get your thoughts on having 'media' at the end of URLs?

My suggestion would be to have the media gallery accessible from a single URL such as:

example.com/members/username/media

Actually we have kept it like that so that we can access any pages' media by simply appending media to the url. This would only include the media uploaded through the rtMedia uploader. Also it adheres to the privacy rules that the uploader gives.

Thanks for explaining.

Search engine robots could visit every page ending in /media which might cause them to mark all of the pages as duplicate content.

This just occurred to me a few days ago so wanted to let you know what could happen with this approach.