Encoding services and Amazon S3 questions

Hello,
I have recently purchased the Pro version and I am excited about the potential with this plugin.

Are you encoding services currently unavailable?

I currently am using Amazon S3/Cloudfront and W3 Total Cache on my Wordpress site. Will this cause any conflicts if I use your encoding service?

Thanks!

Hi Yonah,
Yes our encoding service is available and it won’t conflict with Amazon S3/Cloudfront and W3 Total Cache.

Hello,
thank you for the quick reply. I have a few more questions.

1. Conversion Settings
I have just signed up for the free version. I have done a test and uploaded an MOV. It was converted successfully but the aspect ratio and quality has changed. Is there anything that can be done about this? You can see what I mean here: http://shocktherapy.me/members/admin/media/video/

Take a look at the two videos and you can see the size and quality difference.

2. Storing converted files on Amazon s3
In regards to Amazon s3, I was using a plugin called “Amazon S3 and CloudFront”. This plugin moves Media Library uploads to my Amazon s3 account. I could not use this plugin with you encoding service because it moves the file as soon as it’s uploaded. Do you have any advice on knowledge on how I can make the two plugins work together, or at least make sure media uploads are hosted on the s3 account?

3. Thumbnails
Are Thumbnails created automatically, or do i have to generate them each time?

4. Dashboard Uploads
Can you encoding services work with Media Library uploads done through WP-Admin?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Hi Yonah,

1. Ok, we will look into it and will figure out the problem if any.

2. Yes, it will first store file and then send it for encoding. After successful encoding it will replace the old file with the new one. Can you give me some more detail what issue you are facing exactly?

3. Thumbnails are getting created automatically and also getting set automatically for video after encoding is done.

4. No, right now it only works with rtMedia uploads.