Ee4 sftp

What would be the recommended way to transfer files using sftp with an app like filezilla with EE 4 RC1? I assume the old way of setting up www-data user isn’t the way to do it now.

@rsmith4321 We use rsync to transfer files. There isn’t any ftp daemon bundled with ee4 so you won’t be able to use sftp out of the box.

Is it possible to use SFTP with EE4? I use a modified ee3 workflow that I provide sftp logins for my clients. So, to migrate to ee4 I need an sftp service (like a shared host model).

Would you mind pointing me to info on how to do this? I’m worried about having incorrect permissions on the files after transfer.

FYI,

Only in EE4, webroot is /opt/easyengine/sites/example.com/app/htdocs

1 Like

I’ve followed all the instruction and I have everything setup correctly. I can sftp and view all the directories in my wordpress site. However I still can’t upload any files I don’t have permission. These are the permissions on my uploads folder drwxr-xr-x 7 www-data www-data 4096 Nov 18 04:25 uploads. My ee-user account has these permissions uid=1002(ee-user) gid=1003(ee-user) groups=1003(ee-user),33(www-data). I seem like I should have www-data permissions but I can’t write to any folders. I can’t figure out why I can’t seem to upload, if you have any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks!

I figured out my issue, I needed to add the -R option to chmod for the permissions of 775 to be added to the wp-content folders because ee-user is in the group but not the actual user. I assume this shouldn’t cause any security issues. If that tutorial could be updated it might help others.

Would you mind to share what you did to make the ee-user see the webroot? I followed the above instructions with the new webroot, but could not view all the directories in my Wordpress site.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.