EE v4 Beta 6 - Any Docs available? PHP Soap Package Missing - How can I add for testing?

Hello,

Are their any docs available for the beta yet? I have been testing it, but sometimes I have basic questions that would be covered in the docs if they are available.

Also I noticed errors due to the PHP Soap Client package not being installed by default in the latest beta. Anyone know how I would install a PHP package such as this with the new docker setup? I tried accessing multiple containers, but no luck installing it and I was not sure if their is a method in place already so I wanted to ask the community.

Hey @ProTech, Sorry but currently there isn’t much documentation on v4 as of now. I know how frustrating it is to work without docs, but rest assured we’ll have them soon :slight_smile:

The reason we don’t have them now is that things were on constant flux on development side of things till now so it became difficult to write documentation(that won’t have to be frequently updated).

Now that it’s in v4’s in its final beta any many of things have settled down, we have now started working on documentation. There will be soon detailed docs and tutorials on various aspects of v4.

Also I noticed errors due to the PHP Soap Client package not being installed by default in the latest beta. Anyone know how I would install a PHP package such as this with the new docker setup?

There is a way for that, but unfortunately you’ll only be able to do it temporarily. If you want to add it permanently, you need to add it in docker image. Since that is something only EE devs can do, you should create an issue on github.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.