EasyEngine Swap Error

I am getting this errot when issuing ee site create example.com

Adding 1GB swapfile, please wait… Unable to on Swap, exit status = 255

@nastyraj7,

Hi, which hosting provider you are using for your VPS?

EasyEngine is using following command to on the swapfile

swapon /ee-swapfile

Check that your VPS is allowed to execute this command or not.

I think EE should have a verify option for existing swap.

For example when we hit ee stack install and get’s to the swap, should ask to install or verify existing swap. I already had swap installed when I hit a clean install on my DO droplet.

So this mean creating site on OpenVZ is impossible with the new update, since adding swap file is disabled on almost all OpenVZ container.

Yes, if swaping is not allowed you can’t use it. You should consider DigitalOcean or other VPS hosting. Personally I’m using DO with 14.04 Ubuntu, works fine for me. I got surprised when I saw in a clean install that the install script tries to put a swapfile. That’s awesome !

There must be a way to disable this… Other wise it wont be useable for low budget/OpenVZ VPS. What are my options now i have already bought a VPS from same company on which i had ee used before.

We have added SWAP creation in EasyEngine, becaue Percona MySQL fails to install on low RAM servers.

A simple workaround to disbale swap creation is

vim /usr/local/sbin/ee +51

and comment the following line

#ee_lib_swap

ee site create domain.com --wpfc give following error now…

Unable to add rtCamp NGINX launchpad repository, exit status = 127

Thank you! Worked like charm.

Yesterday I did a clean install of EE on DO droplets and notice percona 5.6 use a lot of Memory. A simple fix I discover is to add in /etc/mysql/my.cnf

performance_schema=0

It reduce the memory usage tremendously.

Hi.,

Try this, edit

vim /etc/easyengine/ee.conf

and change following value

gpg-key-fix = true

Found another issue in my system setup (Ubuntu14 on OpenVZ ):

add-apt-repository was missing in my system

That helped me:

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

(this package will install “add-apt-repository” on ubuntu14)

on older versions “add-apt-repository” is in package:

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

(…note the difference: -common OR -properties)

@ingobaab

We are aware of this and we used both software-properties-common and python-software-properties

Refer: https://github.com/rtCamp/easyengine/blob/stable/bin/install#L103

@miteshshah You guys are great - keep up the good work!!

Btw: I would like to integrate your easyengine into my own ‘commercial hosting’, - is that allowed?

Easyengine into my own 'commercial hosting'

Hi guys, I just wanna to report that Vultr accept swap creation, but easyengine fail to create it, please fix it will ya? Thanks

Hi @nastyraj7

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you.It looks like your issue is resolved.

EasyEngine has come a long way since the last activity here. Please check up with the latest version of EasyEngne.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: