Double post window on buddypress what's new box

I’m using the responsive theme and since I added buddypress media my what’s new post box now has a window within a window. The windows can be resized separately.

How do I fix the double post window? You can see one laying on top of the other and they can be resized separately. What css file should I be editing?

I found the css that is causing the problem using a web browser but i am not sure what file to update it. There is a textarea id = "bp-media-dummy-update". The size on this is incorrect. Where is this css located?

Hi,

Could you post a link to this site so we can see what's happening live? You could also mail dummy credentials to [email protected].

Regards.

Screenshot is attached so you can see what I am referring to. Notice in the what's new box that there is a box within the text box that needs to be resized. If I click in it to type it resizes to the correct size. I just can't find the div to edit to resize it to the correct size.

I will email you the login information as well.

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/34327/2013/03/Screen-Shot-2013-03-25-at-10.34.16-AM.png

I sent you the login details from wordpress. You should have received the welcome email with the password in it.

The activation link throws an error saying: ERROR: Unexpected confirmation of registration.

Can't login either, since the account isn't activated.

Sorry I was testing a login plugin this morning. I disabled the plugin and tested your login. it is working now.

It looks like you were able to log in. Any idea on how to fix that issue? I'm assuming its a css thing but I couldn't find where it was pulling the css from.

Hi,

The activity uploader is a theme dependant functionality and is likely to break with some themes. Yours, unfortunately, is one of them. This is the reason why we disabled it by default. It is not possible to make it work with every theme.

The good news is that BuddyPress 1.7 Release Candidate 1 is out. This means pretty soon 1.7 will be released. After that, BuddyPress will work with any WordPress theme and would no longer require BuddyPress specific themes. That's when all the new UI updates we've added will start playing well.

However, you might have to get rid of the current theme, then.

Regards.

Themes are not the issue here, because this happens with the default theme as well. The issue here is that your fake textarea (which I don't even believe is necessary or efficient [see my Github issue on that]) only stretches out to the position of the real textarea on page loads. It does not recognize window size changes, so it messes everything up. BuddyPress 1.7 won't help anything for this situation: as long as a theme is responsive, this issue remains.

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix that you came across.

Fix - delete the second in this file /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/activity/post-form.php

That was a no go, that fix fixed the double box but did not let post go to the mentions. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

@SFCMP We've fixed this in 2.7.6. No need to use that fix.