Default album

I have a site that allows users to create albums within various groups. Once a group is created, it gets a default album. If a user takes one of the photos in that album and sets it as ‘album cover’ it actually updates ALL the default albums in other groups to that photo, even if it is not associated with that user.

This issue does not continue if a user creates a new album, only with the default album that is created automatically.

Is it possible to delete this default album for all groups?

I tried to test this on the demo site, but it wouldn’t let me set album covers. This function still exists with or without other plugins (I need rtMedia Pro active).

Thank you,

Justen

PHP 5.5.1
MYSQL 5.6.13
WordPress 3.8.1
BuddyPress 1.9.2-7798
rtMedia 3.6.1.1
OS FreeBSD
Imagick Not Installed
GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
[php.ini] post_max_size 20M
[php.ini] upload_max_filesize 20M
[php.ini] memory_limit 256M

The default album is global and it is useful for all the members, albums and groups. As per your need, you need to create separate albums. You can't delete default album only can rename it.

I understand the potential benefit, however if a person sets a photo as the album cover for the global album and it updates ALL covers in ALL groups that is NOT wanted, this will confuse and scare off my users for sharing.

is this a possible bug because it does not sound intentional? Why would an album cover reflect a photo that isn't actually in the folder?

Please let me know a work-a-round for this. This is a HUGE downside of rtMedia Pro.

Thank you.

Also, if somebody sets a photo as a cover, and somebody adds to that album, the new photo uploaded overrides the cover photo.

I really need this looked into in some way as these albums have too many issues.

Thank you,

@justenleague, Thanks for bringing light on this issue. It has been fixed and will be updated in the next release.

Thank you very much!!!

I look forward to the next update...

Justen

Ritesh,

I see rtMedia had an update today to 3.6.2. Was this bug included in this?

It is still updating album covers in other groups.

Thank you,

Hi Justen, Cover art is rtMedia-PRO feature and will be updated in next rtMedia-PRO release.

I uploaded v2.1 of rtMedia Pro however this bug is still in there.

Here is a visual to explain the issue a little better: http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g05d168cb67d882ef999464137f03a477b6570c489

The default album is updating the cover of every default album throughout the site (which has potential for hundreds of groups) with a single photo that is not in the other groups.

Please help in solving this issue.

Thank you...