Dashboard Edit Activity (status update type?)

Hi, not the most important :wink: butā€¦

When I edit an update (with an attached file) from dashboardā€™s activity page, then there isnā€™t your rtMedia status update type (dropdown menu shows the first entry, by alpabetical order: ā€œCreated a groupā€)

Tried ā€œPosted a status updateā€ option but I donā€™t know if it could encounter some issues laterā€¦

Not a ā€œbugā€ but :wink: a missing feature, isnā€™t ?

rtMedia 3.2.12 and BP 1.8.1 on WP 3.7.1

Hi @dJe,

Thanks for your suggestion, we would love to add this feature to our plugin.

So, we have created the issue regarding the same.

You can the issue here: http://git.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/rtmedia/issues/79

Great, thanks to you @abhishekkaushik and @riteshpatelrtcamp :wink: it seems than itā€™s done already in factā€¦

so it would be inclued in a next (free) release, isnā€™t ?

You are Welcome.

And yes we will surly include this fix in our next release.

Well but next release after current 3.2.13.1 :wink: isnā€™t ?

Hi @dje,

This feature has already been added in our earlier release and we have added an rtMedia Update filter under activity tab in dashboard.

yes, you 're right @abhishekkaushik :wink: there is your ā€œrtMedia updateā€ filter for now (from dashboardā€™s activity tab)

butā€¦ when we edit one of these updates then your ā€œrtMedia updateā€ type isnā€™t available !!

PS: we can choose ā€œPosted a status updateā€ type, of course :wink: but it 'll be useful to add yours also here, isnā€™t ?

Thanks a lot again for putting light on this subject.

We are looking into it and will add it in our upcoming release.

@dJe

Can you please point out a valid reason to manually edit activity type to ā€œrtMedia Updateā€?

During our review, we found that activity edit UI doesnā€™t allow media uploads. ā€œrtMedia Updateā€ without ā€œmediaā€ doesnā€™t make any sense IMHO.

Please let us know your thoughts. At the moment we are skipping this but we will definitely reconsider if it has a valid use case.

Hi, @rahul.bansal

In fact I donā€™t want change status update type but sometime I need to edit content of an update

so :wink: if this update is an update with attached file(s) then when I edit it, there isnā€™t your ā€œrtMedia Updateā€ type available, I save it as a ā€˜classicā€™ update

in the dada-base then after edit, this updateā€™s type 'll be ā€œupdateā€ not ā€œrtMedia updateā€ of course !

@dje

Perfectly valid point. We will add ā€œrtMedia Updateā€ type on ā€œEdit Screenā€ dropdown.

Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Many thanks @rahul.bansal in advance :wink: even if really not the most important (in our case / at this time)

@dje I believe what you pointed out is a ā€œbugā€. It will prevent edit operation for ā€œrtMedia Updatesā€. So it need to addressed even if its of low priority.

Earlier I was thinking that you are requesting a feature to ā€œconvertā€ other activities to ā€œrtMedia Updatesā€. As an example: if there is status update activity, editing it to attach media to ā€œconvertā€ it into ā€œrtMedia Updatesā€.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Great news :wink: added for now (3.5.1) thank you @rahul.bansal, @abhishekkaushik