Custom domain not added back to blogger before using blogger to wordpress plugin

I hired someone to move me from blogger to wp. I had a custom domain on blogger and they reverted it back to blogspot, made the move and it looks like they followed most of your instructions to migrate, but did not revert blogger back to custom domain. When I try it gives me an error 12 and wants CNAME, even though I bought custom domain from blogger. I am concerned about hurting my SEO. blogger url: www.kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com custom domain: caffeinatedbookreviewer.com.

please advice, can this be fixed?

You haven't followed the instructions from this article, as I can see the blogspot URL is redirecting towards WP with /?bloggerURL/. Please follow the steps from our DIY article. Steps: 1. First remove the blogger page from WP. 2. Use fix.php from the article. 3. Change the blogger blog URL in blogger.com from which you have imported the content. 4. Use our blogger to WordPress redirection plugin.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks, --Nitun

I didn't make the move I paid someone to do it for me. When you say remove blogger from WP do you mean delete all of my content? or uninstall wp redirection plug? It has been 30 days since I moved and I have 30 new posts. #2 was done already but person who moved me.

3 means change from blogspot,com name to customdomain.com name correct?

I have #4 installed on WP do in need to uninstall?

When you say remove blogger from WP do you mean delete all of my content? or uninstall wp redirection plug?

No. I want to say, remove blogger page which might be created in WordPress pages.

3 means change from blogspot,com name to customdomain.com name correct?

Is your old blogger blog running on blogspot.com URL? And when content imported from blogger to WordPress, that time which URL was there (blogspot or custom domain)?

#4 installed on WP do in need to uninstall?

No need to uninstall it.

I am not sure what exactly that person done with the blog migration process. Without digging into the WP and blogger dashboard, I can't say anything. I will be great, if you contact me ([email protected]) and give me login details. May be you can hire us to fix URL redirection.

I had a custom domain, but at time of migration they reverted it back to blogspot.com and then moved my blog to WP. They did not revert blogspot back to my custom domain, and that is why you see /?bloggerURL/. Most of my links work fine since they had custom domain but I worry about impact for SEO

I had a custom domain, but at time of migration they reverted it back to blogspot.com and then moved my blog to WP. They did not revert blogspot back to my custom domain,

Then this is correct. But still I am not sure why /?bloggerURL/ is in url. :|

they did not switch blogger blogspot.com account back to customdomain.com name and now it wants a CNAME to do it. They left it as blogspot.com and I think template code points it to instead

If they imported the content in WordPress using blogspot URL and then keep the same blogspot.com in blogger, then its correct, otherwise its wrong. And in blogger template the code generated by plugin is correct, then it should work.

I can suggest you to ask the person who did the migration for you. He knows very well what exactly he did.