Content Not Uploading

The plugin will not upload any media. It shows the file name and stays at 0% and does nothing. Please help!

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/4848/2013/08/Test.png

I'm having the same problem in the activity status

PHP 5.2.17 MYSQL 5.5.23 WordPress 3.5.1 BuddyPress 1.8.1 rtMedia 3.0.11 OS Linux Imagick ImageMagick 6.7.6-8 2012-05-02 Q16 www.imagemagick.org GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 64M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 64M [php.ini] memory_limit 256M

I have tested rtMedia with other plugins deactivated and with default WordPress/buddyPress Theme. But my issue is not getting fixed.

I cannot provide you with the error URL because the website is still under construction and is not available to the public.

Hi, The uploading should start once you click on the "Post Update" button. This is the default behavior.

You used to input some words, and then click "Post Update" button, then it can work. If not, change to use other theme.

@taylortdhouse - As already mentioned, the uploading should start once you click on the “Post Update” button. This is the default behavior.

Ideally, it should upload when you add a file, what is the reason it doesn't do this? If it's not for something serious I think the end-user would like to see the upload progress as soon as they add a file, it makes more sense. That's how pretty much all other uploaders work on any major website, it's unnatural to have to click "Post Update" to initiate the upload..

Also, how do I make it so users do not have to enter text into the field to be able to post a photo, this also seems like a bug.. what if someone only wants to upload a photo or video? Why add the extra step?

@willthresher - The reason we have opted for this approach is that we get a confirmation upon post update that these uploads are supposed to go to your profile or some group, and also the privacy of the update is also confirmed. Else it would create a lot of overhead to handle to other conditions.

Also regarding the text compulsion while uploading a media in the activity stream, the post update is handled by BuddyPress. We would have to override the BuddyPress js for this and it could get a little messy. An alternative to this would be to upload a photo directly on your profile. It shows up in the activity stream by default. Also you could give the anywhere uploader a try.

Although we would like the above functionality to work in an ideal way, that would depend on how much flexibility BuddyPress allows for us to implement them. We do have these in our todo list though.

@joshuaabenazer - the first paragraph of your answer, I'm still confused why uploads can't begin uploading before you make those selections.. clicking "Post Update" being the final push to post. Again it's all about user experience, people are not used to initializing uploads, it's strange. And it's not just me, 8/8 people I asked to use it in front of me believed it was broken before I said "no, you have to click "Post Update" to start the upload". Again, all uploaders people use in their daily lives works this way.. 8 out of 8... My only rebuttal to all this is it used to work like this, and a lesser plugin like ASP does all this fantastically, even from mobile. I know you wouldn't have to override Buddypress js. I'm looking for Buddypress Media 3 versions ago honestly (if you can show me where to find it), IMO rtMedia is convoluted and almost unusable. Beyond the strange usability, I couldn't even get the images to appear...

@willthresher - You can find all the previous versions of BuddyPress Media / rtMedia here -> http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-media/developers/