Clean install of MariaDB via EE will not restart

I have a clean Ubuntu 14.04 install and a clean Easyengine stack install. The database is large due to 3,000+ subdomain WordPress sites but they are essentially empty because the sites have not been used yet. The problem I am experiencing is MariaDB will not restart. The error log says that mysql was not properly stopped and the ibdata1 was now out of sequence. Therefore, mysql start was aborted. I have used sudo service mysql stop, sudo service mysql restart, sudo ee stack stop --mysql and sudo ee stack restart --mysql. None of these are considered proper shutdown by MariaDB. Even rebooting doesn’t work. This seems to be a bug in MariaDB because there is nothing on the server that would be causing this problem being it’s a clean install across the board. Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, how was it resolved?

Hello @macpooh12,

Look like it was because your MariaDB was not properly stopped.

Can you give us MariaDB error log, so that we can give you exact solution.

Thanks for the reply. Currently there is nothing in the error logs to show you because they have been rotated out. But that is what I am asking, I know that is going to come a time when the server will go down or I will have to reboot or I will have to make a configuration change to my.cnf which will require a mysql restart. I need to know what MariaDB considers a proper shutdown. As I have said I have tried all of the following and none have worked:

• sudo service mysql stop
  • sudo service mysql restart
  • sudo ee stack stop --mysql
  • sudo ee stack restart --mysql
  • sudo reboot

If there is another way to properly shutdown mysql, I am not aware of it.

Hi @macpooh12

Please try the latest EasyEngine. Use ee update to upgrade your current EasyEngine version to the latest.

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: