Sorry I can’t help you then. I have been using EE since 2.x and I haven’t encounter similar problem.
Usually when I’m developing any WP site with EE,
- I would use --wp switch.
- Stop any caching services, e.g sudo service memcached stop, redis-server etc.
- Edit PHP-Fpm opcache settings, or disable them.
- Use browser profile with caching disabled.
- Bypass cloudflare caching or use development mode for quick fix. Not forgetting to purge all caching even when it’s not necessary.
- Disable WP external connection with “define(‘WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL’, true);” in wp-config.php.
Hope the EE guys can shed some light on your problem.