Clarification on Nginx Helper + fastcache_cgi instructions

Hi there,

In your instructions you mention making some changes to the Nginx Config file. The instruction says:

#move next 3 lines to /etc/nginx/nginx.conf if you want to use fastcgi_cache across many sites 

However, there are FOUR line of fastcgi settings. Does that mean we should move the first three to the nginx.conf file but leave the fourth in the sites available file? Or is that simply a typo and it should say “move next 4 lines”…?

I will have a lot of sub-domains and domain mapped sites and want to make sure that caching and the purging options are working for all sites.

Thanks!

@peter1, You just have to move 3 lines. To work your fastcgi_cache.

And leave the fourth line in Sites Available config?

Or ignore the fourth?

@peter1

Move 4 lines, apologies for previous reply. And thanks for pointing the error.

Ok cool. I have done that and then added the rest of the code to my Sites Available config file (since there were no instructions saying otherwise) and then ran the nginx reload command, but I got this error:

nginx: [emerg] the same path name "/var/run/nginx-cache" used in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:101 and in /etc/nginx/conf.d/fastcgi.conf:3
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Hi, still hoping for some clarification about this. I placed the 4 lines in my nginx.conf file and the rest in the sites available file and got error messages when reloading nginx.

Have uploaded my sites available config file in case that helps.

sitesparker.txt (2.0 KB)

@peter1

It seems that you are using Easyengne, if so its already covered in EasyEngine. you dont need to follow tutorials to configure fastcgi cache. just use proper EasyEngine commands to create site with fastcgi cache.

Note : If you are using EasyEngine, please post questions in appropriate category, to avoid confusion.

Ahhh… now I’m starting to get it. Thanks for helping clear up this confusion!