Changes to post-form.php to change message in text area

Hi All… have made the following adjustments in themefolder/buddypress/activity/post-form,php from line 20. Basically what this does is change the greeting in the activity whats new content post area for either the wall, a group or posting on another users wall. Use this with the free BP Activity as Wire plugin, which allows you to post on a friends activity wall as you can do in facebook.

<p class="activity-greeting"><?php
if ( bp_is_group() )
	printf( __( "What's new in %s, %s?", 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_group_name(), bp_get_user_firstname() );
else
	printf( __( "What's new, %s?", 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_user_firstname() );
?></p>-->

<div id="whats-new-content">
    <div id="whats-new-textarea">
        <textarea class="bp-suggestions" placeholder="<?php if ( bp_is_group() )
		printf( __( "What's new in %s, %s?", 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_group_name(), bp_get_user_firstname() );
	elseif( bp_is_page( BP_ACTIVITY_SLUG ) || bp_is_my_profile() && bp_is_user_activity() )
		printf( __( "What's new, %s?", 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_user_firstname() );
	elseif( !bp_is_my_profile() && bp_is_user_activity() )
		printf( __( "Write something to %s?", 'InspireBook' ), bp_get_displayed_user_fullname() );	
?>" name="whats-new" id="whats-new" cols="50" rows="10"><?php if ( isset( $_GET['r'] ) ) : ?>@<?php echo esc_attr( $_GET['r'] ); ?> <?php endif; ?></textarea>
    </div>

Hello Gregmc,

Thanks for the code snippet. I will add it in upcoming release of InspireBook :smile:

1 Like

Good stuff! but we’ll have to wait until you release the NEXT issue of the Template because you haven’t developed a child theme for this theme - It’s frustrating to try to make ANY user modifications only to have them bumped out when you update the sole theme…

Could we have instructions on how to make a workable Child theme? I’ve followed Wordpress instructions and they only lead me to MORE questions only the THEME author can answer (as I’ve seen here) -

Hallo,
was the already installed in a relase or not. if not when can we expect to

Hello tksysteme,

We have already added this code in InspireBook.

Thanks