Centminmod DB Doesn't Work With EE4?


#1

Hi folks,

I’m going to try to make this as detailed as possible. So… for the past few months… I’ve been using Centminmod. After having a few issues with my CDN and their autoprotect protocol, I decided to move to Easyengine…

To move to easyengine… I downloaded the uploads folder and exported my complete database and moved them here.

My centminmod server runs with wp_bhor_ as its prefix and so I felt that it was necessary to change that in the wp-config.cfg folder here too after I imported the database here.

After importing the database and changing the prefix, it seems like EE doesn’t want to work for some reason as I am getting errors and am unable to access the site as a whole.

My centminmod site url and home URL are set to
https://www.domain.com

So that’s what my database is bringing in too.

I’ve tried to remove https and have also tried to remove the ‘www’ prefix… But it isn’t working.

My uploads folder that I downloaded from the centminmod server weighs about 4.7GB while my SQL weighs about 50MB… Not sure why I would mention that but that’s all I know for that.

I’ve tried to use the wp import command as recommended by Mr Rahul, but that seems to be removing all of the gaps between paragraph in my posts and is a huge mess.

Thankfully the centminmod server is still up for now as I am accessing the EasyEngine server by modifying my hosts file,

Please help.

If the issue is with my DB… I’ve exported that multiple times… if someone doesn’t mind checking my DB for errors… Please do…


#2

I think I see 2 issues with your migration. The first is you are using www. I posted elsewhere having trouble myself. I think you need to include the www in the create site command. ‘ee site create www.example.com’. Hopefully someone else can verify this. ee4 appears to redirect all www to non-www if you don’t specify it during site create. Then WordPress tries to bounce you back to www causing a loop. The second part is your database prefix. Make sure you add ’ --dbprefix=wp_bhor_’ during your site create along with other usual params like --ssl=le etc. Then you should be able to restore your database and files. You might also want to install phpMyAdmin via ‘ee admin-tools enable www.example.com


#3

@UsmanGTA As said by @mram, Do create the site with www prefix:

ee site create www.example.com

and pass --dbprefix=wp_bhor_ during site create.

Also, if you’re passing --cache flag, don’t forget to run

wp cache clear

After you import the database.

I’ve tried to use the wp import command as recommended by Mr Rahul, but that seems to be removing all of the gaps between paragraph in my posts and is a huge mess.

For this issue, first, verify that it is not due to CSS. You can check browser’s console and look for errors which indicate that css files are not being loaded etc…

If that’s not the case, it might be possible that it’s a DB charset issue. If it is so, then you db export using utf8mb4 charset might work.