Cannot upload media after updating to 4.0.6

I am using Wordpress 4.5.3 and Buddypress 2.6.2 and the plugin worked fine but as soon as I updated the plugin to 4.0.6 the media upload stopped working. The upload buttons appear but somehow the media does not get uploaded. How can i fix this? Also I tested the latest version on a fresh Wordpress install but still it doesn’t work and when I go to the media page i see a “oops there’s no media found for that request error”. Is there a bug in rtmedia? Thanks

Hello binary10,

I tested the upload functionality on my end with the same WordPress, BuddyPress and rtMedia versions. I uploaded a few png, jpg and mp3 files and all uploaded and showed properly.

Could you share your debug info available at yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=rtmedia-support#debug ?

@sumeetsarna thanks for your reply here’s the debug info: Home URL http://localhost
Site URL http://localhost
PHP 5.6.22
MYSQL 5.6.30
WordPress 4.5.3
BuddyPress 2.6.2
rtMedia 4.0.6
OS WINNT
Imagick Not Installed
GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
[php.ini] post_max_size 82M
[php.ini] upload_max_filesize 82M
[php.ini] memory_limit 256M
Installed Plugins
rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress by rtCamp version 4.0.6,
BuddyPress by The BuddyPress Community version 2.6.2
Theme Name Twenty Sixteen
Theme Version 1.2
Author URL https://wordpress.org/
Template Overrides C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-gallery-item.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-gallery.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-single-edit.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-gallery-item.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-gallery.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-single-edit.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-single.php, C:\Users\czone\Desktop\UniServerZ\www\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//uploader.php Total Albums 1 I don’t think there is any information regarding that error in the above text
Also, till we find a solution can you tell me how to fix the buddypress activity privacy issue (which was fixed in rtmedia version 4.0.2) in version 3.x because those versions work?

I have the same issue… :frowning:

Don´t appear nothing

Just to update some info:

Home URL http://revelweb.cloudapp.net/redesocial/wordpress Site URL http://revelweb.cloudapp.net/redesocial/wordpress PHP 7.0.5 MYSQL 5.5.45 WordPress 4.3.5 BuddyPress 2.5.1 rtMedia 4.0.6 OS WINNT Imagick Not Installed GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 8M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 20M [php.ini] memory_limit 256M Installed Plugins Akismet by Automattic version 3.1.10, Bowe Codes by imath version 2.1, Buddy Plugin by GhostPool version 1.4, rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress by rtCamp version 4.0.6, BuddyPress by A comunidade BuddyPress version 2.5.1, Formulário de contato 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi version 4.4.2, Custom Login by Austin Passy version 3.2.5, Custom Profile field as a Registration Field by Ashfame version 0.1, Desativar Comentários by Samir Shah version 1.5, Gmail SMTP by naa986 version 1.0.6, Latest Post Shortcode Slider Extension by Iulia Cazan version 1.1, Latest Post Shortcode by Iulia Cazan version 6.3, Yoast SEO by Equipe da Yoast version 3.1.2, Email Login by Beau Lebens version 4.6.4, WP User Avatar by flippercode version 2.0.7 Theme Name Buddy | Shared By Themes24x7.com Theme Version 2.5 Author URL http://www.ghostpool.com Template Overrides C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-gallery-item.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-gallery.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//album-single-edit.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-gallery-item.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-gallery.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-single-edit.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//media-single.php, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\redesocial\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-media/templates/media//uploader.php Total Albums 2 Total Musics 11 Total Photos 63

Hi @binary10 and @K_Pron,

Looks like you both are using WINNT OS. It might be a problem with windows server. We haven’t checked rtMedia on Windows NT yet. We will look into this issue on windows setup.

Well might be a problem with WINNT but version 3.x works fine. Only v4 have this issue

1 Like

Can we downgrade to version 3X ?

Also, how can I change the megabytes limit of medias (audio/video). I need some more megas to upload longer audios…

Thanks

Yes you can but some security issues have been fixed in later versions so it is not recommended. You can increase the upload limit by modifying these values:[php.ini] post_max_size 8M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 20M [php.ini]

1 Like

@sumeetsarna @kiranpotphode any fixes?

Thanks! Well, I prefer work with latest version, but need to get this working for now.

Just to inform, I made it work downgrading to version 3.10.2 - in my windows server (yes I know, not my fault)

@K_pron glad to see its working for you but I use the activity privacy which had a security issue when used with Buddypress 2.6.0 which rtmedia fixed only in v4.something. That’s why I cannot downgrade. A question for rtmedia team: Can this issue be fixed in version 3.x by modifying some file to just make it work till the issue with version 4.x is fixed? Thanks

Hi @K_Pron and @binary10,

This issue has been fixed. Please update rtMedia to its latest version 4.0.7

Thanks