Cannot create wp site Error: Call to undefined function EE\Utils\curl_init()

Hi,

I am trying to create a wp test site on my local Ubuntu 18 engine but it keeps showing the error below, i have tried to re-install easyengine many times but it doesn’t help.

I don’t know what is wrong

##sudo ee site create test --type=wp
Configuring project.
Creating WordPress site test.test
Copying configuration files.
Starting site's services.
Downloading and configuring WordPress.
Moved /var/www/htdocs/wp-config.php to /var/www/wp-config.php successfully
Host entry already exists.
Checking and verifying site-up status. This may take some time.
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function EE\Utils\curl_init() in phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/php/utils.php:1612
Stack trace:
#0 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/vendor/easyengine/site-command/src/helper/site-utils.php(389): EE\Utils\get_curl_info('test.test', 80)
#1 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/vendor/easyengine/site-type-wp/src/WordPress.php(917): EE\Site\Utils\site_status_check('test.test')
#2 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/vendor/easyengine/site-type-wp/src/WordPress.php(358): EE\Site\Type\WordPress->create_site(Array)
#3 [internal function]: EE\Site\Type\WordPress->create(Array, Array)
#4 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/php/EE/Dispatcher/CommandFactory.php(96): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: EE\Dispatcher\CommandFactory::EE\Dispatcher\{closure}(Array, Array)
#6 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/php/EE/Dispatcher/Subcommand.php(272): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array, Array)
#7 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/php/EE/Runner.php(338): EE\Dispatcher\Subcommand->invoke(Array, Array, Array)
#8 phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/p in phar:///usr/local/bin/ee/php/utils.php on line 1612
Warning: An Error occurred. Initiating clean-up.
Warning: Exiting gracefully after rolling back. This may take some time.
[test.test] Docker Containers removed.
[test.test] site root removed.
Site test.test deleted.
Success: Rollback complete. Exiting now.

If you’re on Windows:

Go to your php.ini file and remove the ; mark from the beginning of the following line:

;extension=php_curl.dll

After you have saved the file you must restart your HTTP server software (e.g. Apache) before this can take effect.

For Ubuntu 13.0 and above, simply use the debundled package. In a terminal type the following to install it and do not forgot to restart server.

sudo apt-get install php-curl

Or if you’re using the old PHP5

sudo apt-get install php5-curl
or

sudo apt-get install php5.6-curl
You can try using this sc to mp3 converter to hear some music till this process executes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.