Can not install Wordpress --> Errors while processing mariadb-server

Hi EE Community

I set up a fresh instance on Google Cloud Platform with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and run all updates. But when I tried to install Wordpress (–wpredis) I get this error:

patric@domain-com:~$ sudo ee site create domain.com --wpredis

Redis is experimental feature and it may not work with all CSS/JS/Cache of your site. You can disable it by changing cache later. Do you wish to enable Redis now for domain.com? Type “y” to continue [n]:y Adding repository for MySQL, please wait… Adding repository for NGINX, please wait… Adding repository for PHP, please wait… Adding repository for Redis, please wait… Updating apt-cache, please wait… Installing packages, please wait… Oops Something went wrong!! Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!! patric@domain-com:~$ sudo tail /var/log/ee/ee.log Processing triggers for ufw (0.35-5) … Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) … Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.3) … Processing triggers for rsyslog (8.32.0-1ubuntu4) … Errors were encountered while processing: mariadb-server-10.1 mariadb-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) 2018-09-23 22:51:07,603 (INFO) ee : Oops Something went wrong!! 2018-09-23 22:51:07,604 (ERROR) ee : Check logs for reason tail /var/log/ee/ee.log & Try Again!!!

I tried to install EasyEngine and Wordpress a few times today, always with a new and fresh GCP instance. I also tried Ubuntu 16.04. I tried --wp and --wpsc. I tried it with root@. But I always get the same error.

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks!!! Patric

Hello, it seems EasyEngine isn’t able to install MariaDB. You can try to install it manually :

apt update && apt install mariadb-server -y

A tutorial is also available in our knowledgebase :

Hello @patric… Which version of EE are you installing?

Did you use:

wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee && sudo bash ee

I just tried to install EE on a fresh server and got the following error:

Oops Something went wrong!!
 Check logs for reason `tail /var/log/ee/ee.log` & Try Again!!!

I checked the log file:

tail /var/log/ee/ee.log

…and it returned this error:

Errors were encountered while processing:
 mariadb-server-10.1
 mariadb-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

So I followed just the first part of @virtubox 's instructions from: https://kb.virtubox.net/knowledgebase/install-latest-mariadb-release-easyengine/

curl -sS https://downloads.mariadb.com/MariaDB/mariadb_repo_setup \
 | sudo bash -s -- --mariadb-server-version=10.3 --skip-maxscale

…and then executed:

ee stack install --web

…again. The install completed as normal. It seems there is an issue with the MariaDB packages and/or package repo when installing on Ubuntu.

ee stack status

…returns normal after following these instructions.

Hi bamajr

So I followed all your steps and I didn’t get en error. Thank you very much!

I then installed Wordpress with --wpredis. But when I checked the site, there is only the nginx welcome site and no Wordpress.

I’m a bit tired of all this testing and don’t get it to work. easyengine is not that easy… at least for a beginner like me…

What is your website’s URL?

I tried it one more time and now everything is working!

Thank you very much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.