Can I add media to messages in BuddyPress?

Hi again, Still working on our new site and wondered if the rtmedia pro version provided functionality of adding media to messages in BuddyPress (aas well as in comments)? Cheers.

Nope. You can use this plugin for private message attachments though:

Despite no updates for 2 years still works fine, too.

Thanks @illusionsglass, I had looked at that a few times but had been nervous of starting a new site relying on an old plugin.

Well I’ve just tested it and although it hasn’t broken the messaging itself it breaks it completely when a jpg is included (with the correct admin settings); message such as these appear…

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home…/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-message-attachment/includes/actions.php on line 113 and defined in /home/…l/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/…/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1152) in /home/…/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

So no-go for that I think for me - but worth a try!

But would be a good additional functionality for the rtmedia pro, don’t you think?

Cheers.

It would be a cool addition, I agree.

To fix the plugin errors you see, remove the file extensions already in the list, make the plugins settings look like this:

jpg,gif,png,zip,pdf,whatever

Notice the comma, and NO SPACES. The spaces cause this error. :slight_smile: Aint the best written, but it does work! :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks - yes i saw the image showing the correct settings and my settings were only jpg - so no commas and no spaces at all. So any other suggestions?

Cheers.

I’ll be damned. The author of that plugin just released a new version 2 years later. It came out today. :slight_smile: Try the new version! I’m installing it on my machines now…

A lucky coincidence! I’d be interested to know how you got on with it and if you think it’s OK to use. Cheers.

For me, the “Choose File” button didnt work. :slight_smile: So I reverted back to the old version, to debug this one later.

Thanks for your feedback - hopefully the plugin author will get the feedback and update it again soon. I’ll keep my eye on it!