BuddyPress users Media page

Hello, I have a problem with media page on buddyPress user page

for example: http://example.com/user/media.

last thing I did, I have updated from 3.0.12 to lastest version (3.1.2)

Debug info

PHP 5.3.26

MYSQL 5.5.32

WordPress 3.5.1

BuddyPress 1.7.2

rtMedia 3.1.2

OS Linux

Imagick Not Installed

GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

[php.ini] post_max_size 8M

[php.ini] upload_max_filesize 2M

[php.ini] memory_limit 256M

I just don't know where to start now. I have changed to default and back my permalinks.

Changed name for rtMedia folder in my themes directory to make sure nothing changed in themes.

Just wanted to check if there is something simple I should know before I countiniue debugging?


Sorry my bed, I had no time for my project for two weeks and now everything is in chaos.

I just tested my other installation (totally same but without updated rtMedia) and its broken there too.

interesting fact is that it points to members page and it's empty (only title)

So please do not close this topic until I resolve it, so If somethign seriouse and not common (and not stupid) I will write solution here

So, updates:

The problem is indeed in update ( I rechecked and everything works fine on old installation)

After some time of debugging (turn to default buddypress theme, disabled all the plugins and cleaned db for rtMedia and reinstalled it with fresh download)

nothing worked, so I started comparing files. I found that buddypress-media/app/main/routers/RTMediaRouter.php should be that file which causes this template error.

When I inlucde RTMediaRouter.php from my old rtMedia to updated one, everything works.

I have attached my diff file. Any help?

Attachment Link(s):


@mpa4hu - Could you check if it works after updating BuddyPress to the latest version?

Hm.. I have some core changes in buddypress and I don't know when I'm going to update it.. but in any case I will make another installation with same copy and update buddypress just to test it.

Probably I will do it tomorrow. Thanks

First of all, thanks for encouraging me in updating buddypress.

It was my log time desire but I was lazy to go and check wha I have changed to then reproduce it in updated version.

Today I've done it and I'm more then glad ))

So, I updated buddypress to 1.8.1.. and on the first sight it didn't work. Then I deactivated all the plugins and switched to default buddypress theme.


Then I activated all my plugins one-by-one and switched to my theme. everything works fine

Probably it was a old buddypress issue