Buddyboss theme issue

Im using buddyboss theme every thing is good with rtmedia but when I click on media within any usergroup, or member profile area the media page with the thumbnails appears on top of the left menu. I've dis-activated all plugins and tried different browsers with the same effect. Debug info

Home URL http://www.tribesofireland.com Site URL http://www.tribesofireland.com PHP 5.3.13 MYSQL 5.5.32 WordPress 3.6.1 BuddyPress 1.8.1 rtMedia 3.1.4 OS Linux Imagick Not Installed GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 20M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 20M [php.ini] memory_limit 64M Installed Plugins Akismet by Automattic version 2.5.9, Awesome Weather Widget by Hal Gatewood version 1.3, bbPress by The bbPress Community version 2.4, BP Admin Actions by slaFFik version 1.0, rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress by rtCamp version 3.1.4, BuddyPress by The BuddyPress Community version 1.8.1, CataBlog by Zachary Segal version 1.6.4, Catch IDs by Catch Themes Team version 1.0, Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi version 3.5.2, Disable Feeds by Samir Shah version 1.2.1, Fantastic Copyright Free by Fantastic Plugins version 2.1, Image Widget by Modern Tribe, Inc. version 4.0.8, Limit Groups per User by Brajesh Singh version 1.1.3, MaxButtons by Max Foundry version 1.16.0, P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) by GoDaddy.com version 1.4.1, Private Community For BP by bphelp version 3.8, Q and A FAQ and Knowledge Base for WordPress by Raygun version 1.0.6.2, Quick Chat by Marko Martinović version 4.13, Restrict Categories by Matthew Muro version 2.6.2, Slideshow by StefanBoonstra version 2.2.18, Ultimate Coming Soon Page by SeedProd version 1.9.5, Visual Layouts by Damien Saunders version 1.2, WangGuard by WangGuard version 1.5.10, WordPress Backup to Dropbox by Michael De Wildt version 1.6.1 Theme Name BuddyBoss Child Fixed Navbar Theme Version 3.0.2 Author URL http://www.buddyboss.com Template Overrides plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/lbum-gallery-item.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/lbum-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/lbum-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/edia-gallery-item.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/edia-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/edia-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/edia-single.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/ploader.php Total Albums 4 Total Musics 3 Total Photos 19 Total Videos 1

@caboni - Your site is under maintenance and I can't access the BuddyPress section of your site. Check if you face the same issue with a default WordPress theme or with the default BuddyPress theme.

Hi Joshua I only had it under maintenance because Im trying to sort out the media end of it and your plugin distorts the menus in the usergroups and members profiles. I need to use this theme and if I cant find a solution to it I'll have to use some other media plugin. I'm in a bit of a hurry to get my site up and running. I can leave it open for a few hours if you want to take a look. I will reactivate rtmedia so you can see it from your end. Thanks for contacting me. Patrick

If you click on CLAN HUB and then select PJ administrator and then click media you'll see an example of what I'm talking about.

Any update on this issue.? would I be better using another plugin? Any advice would help. Thanks

@caboni - We are in the process of making the theme-plugin compatibility better and this should get sorted in the next release.

Since you are in a hurry you could replace this file -> https://github.com/rtCamp/rtMedia/blob/master/templates/main.php in rtMedia ( /plugin-folder/templates/main.php ) and check.

Hi Joshua thanks for the fix it worked but I'm having other problems; media uploads wont play video and music ( compatible files) the area just grey's out and no player is visible. I realize this is a theme compatibility issue because I've tested rtmedia with another site of mine with the default buddypress theme and it looks fine. There seems to be issues with your plugin and buddyboss and I have reported this to them. I pointed out how much your plugin has developed and they said they would take another look at trying to resolve some of the issues. I realize and appreciate you will be addressing the compatibility issues with buddyboss in the next rtmedia release and that's great because I like your plugin. My problem at the moment is I have to choose between your plugin and and buddyboss and as I paid for the theme I have stick with it until my site grows which I expect it to do. In the mean time I think it would be better to use another media plugin until there is a compatibility between buddyboss and rtmedia. I hope I will be able to use it because its got great potential and I can see you guys are workhorses in making it work. You deserve it to become a great plugin. I will keep checking for updates but in the meantime I have to address few other things to get my site sorted Many thanks, Patrick

@caboni - Glad to know it worked for you.

We normally just check the compatibility with default themes and try to keep the styling to a minimum on the elements. Also the conflicts could be due to other plugin elements too.

You could subscribe to our newsletter for updates and news on rtMedia here -> http://rtcamp.com/subscribe/?newsletter-topic=buddypress