BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES Enabled Produces 404


#1

Not sure what has changed in the recent update of rtmedia pro because I don’t see a change log for the pro version on the website online, only for rtmedia free version. However, I believe this is a bug because all year I have had BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES set to true in wpconfig and now it doesn’t work with the latest version of rtmedia. The media tab as well as media on the activity produces 404 errors when enabled.

When I set BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES to false all is fine. When I set permalinks to only %postname% with BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES enabled, it is fine also.

When permalinks are set to /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ and BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES is enabled the media produces 404 errors.

I saw on stackexchange were another person had the same issue and the only solution was to use %postname% but I wish to use /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ for my posts like I’ve been using for the last year or so with rtMedia.

In addition, I have deactivated plugins and checked it with other themes, and received the same outcome.

Could you please advise?


#2

Hi @webstress,

Can you please check whether individual member’s page works fine or not ?


#3

I can go to the members page, however when you click on any media uploaded it doesn’t work, it gives “This content can not be loaded” and when you click on the “media tab” on the profile it produces a 404 not found. This is the same with activity. I tried a number of things including resaving permalinks, reflushing, disabling each plugin and changing themes.

The only fix was to either use %postname% which we were not using and don’t have any plans on using or either disabling BP_ENABLE_ROOT_PROFILES and use whatever page members is set for in buddypress (ex: /pagename/username/). rtmedia is the only plugin having this issue. For some reason it is now not using root profiles since updating. Thanks in advance.


#4

Hi @webstress,

Can you give your site link and admin login details so that we can debug the issue? You can make private reply here.


#5

Give me a day or so because it is a live production site.


#6

After doing some research and searching, it is possible that there may be a bug in the latest Buddypress 2.1.1 that is causing it now and the rewrite issue may not be sorted out until 2.2. https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4954. It would be good if you could also check on your end to see if you get the same results in 2.1.1 and rtmedia pro with root profiles enabled and the permalinks set as /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/.


#7

Hi @webstress,

We have checked it on our end but couldn’t reproduce the same. We will check it again and will fix it if we found such issue.


#8