I am a fan of EasyEngine and are using it for almost a year!
I want to setup a test/shadow installation for testing updates (kernel, easyengine, wordpress, plugins) before pushing it to live site. I am running a webshop, so the database on the live version is updated all the time. What is the best way to achieve this?
The option I see is:
- installing a server image of live version on new VPS droplet
- than change the domain to test.example.com (How to change domain with existing ee setup?)
- run update commands on test.example.com
- run tests on test.example.com, when everything is working fine?
- run update commands on live version