Apt upgraded openssl and nginx mainline = problems

DO trusty

Been on mainline for a week, noticed apt was going to allow openssl as well as nginx mainline upgrade. So I went with it. When I tried to update a site afterword it failed.

ee site update example.com --wpfc

ee update failed with

2016-01-12 08:26:09,292 (INFO) ee : Reload : nginx     
2016-01-12 08:26:09,440 (DEBUG) ee : nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
reload: Job is not running: nginx
2016-01-12 08:26:09,441 (INFO) ee : [Failed]

plugins installed and seem to be caching.

when I issue

ee site update example.com --wp
to revert back I get

can not update wp basic to wp basic

nginx -t passes ok and sites are up, but if i use

ee stack reload --nginx

Reload : nginx [Failed]

if I issue service nginx restart everything is ok.

I believe this is from allowing apt to upgrade nginx mainline though I am not certain. I reverted back and will wait to upgrade. Just thought I would share the issue I was having. Thank you rtcamp you guys rock!

Hi!

I’m having this exact same issue after doing an ee stack upgrade yesterday. Anyone who knows how to solve this?

Hi,

Here is the solution.

Edit your nginx.conf file located at /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and either comment or delete the ssl settings lines or delete them and save the file.

Open /etc/nginx/common/wpfc-php7.conf file and either comment or delete these lines as below:

location ~ /purge(/.*) { fastcgi_cache_purge WORDPRESS “$scheme$request_method$host$1”; access_log off; }

Lastly do not forget to reload or restart nginx.

Well, nginx-mainline uses (mostly) OpenSSL 1.1.0e, nginx-stable (as EE nginx version) uses OpenSSL 1.0.2k, when updated. What’s your OpenSSL version? Please, run $ openssl version