Anything of use from this NGINX config website?

So I saw the website nginxconfig [dot] io popup on a Reddit SEO/marketing/webdev subreddit group I created and I was curious if there was anything there that could benefit our current installs with EasyEngine.

I know that EE sets a lot of stuff so we don’t have to bother, but I’m always finding extra config tweaks here and there that are recommended by the community here to improve the performance.

I was curious if that website had anything to offer for our current EasyEngine setups/installs?

Hello @Endda,
nginxconfig.io is a good site to understand nginx configuration structure, and it follow the Mozilla Observatory Guidelines for secure SSL/TLS configurations.
But most part of those configurations are already available in EE, and some of them are not working properly…
For example, the following config do not deny php file execution in wp-content/uploads :

# WordPress: deny wp-content/uploads nasty stuff
location ~* ^/wp-content/uploads/.*\.(?:s?html?|php|js|swf)$ {
	deny all;
}

If you are looking for up-to-date and optimized Nginx configuration for EE, you can take a look on my Github repository : https://github.com/VirtuBox/ubuntu-nginx-web-server

It include all configurations I use with EEv3.

2 Likes