Another buddypress query

Hey everyone. So ive been thoroughly enjoying rtmedia but now i want to start pushing it a bit further. So here is what i am trying to do and struggling with

on buddypress profile pages, I want to put the users media gallery below their xprofile fields on the profile tab. so that a person viewing their page will see their basic information and then their media gallery.

Ive managed to get a gallery in the right place but so far have only been able to get the gallery belonging to the person viewing the profile, rather than the person whose profile it is. Basically i need to figure out how to get the correct value into the $user_id field but im not completely sure how to do it.

Any help would be awesome

Hello @MJ_Belshaw,

Please, have a look at below related threads which may help you:

Please, feel free to ask if you still have any doubts.

Thanks.

Hello @pranalipatel thank you for the reply. I have read those articles in the past but they do not contain the information that i need, or rather, I cannot disseminate the information i require from them. i have no problem posting a gallery, however, it is the gallery belonging to the specific user whose profile that i am viewing which i need help with

Hello @MJ_Belshaw,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I guess you are looking for the BuddyPress displayed user ID.

Please, once go through this thread - rtMedia Photos as default tab in profiles

You can also visit the related post here - https://codex.buddypress.org/developer/playing-with-the-users-id-in-different-contexts/

I hope this is what you want.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks.