Amavis not scanning emails

I have set up Amavis with Spamassasin, ClamAV and Postfix using your tutorial (previously I have set up Postfix, Dovecot and ViMbAdmin also according to your tutorial and its working, thanks). This setups are all on Debian Wheezy.

After the setup I made a test (also with your tutorials) but neither Spamassasin nor ClamAV did their jobs. So I stopped amavis and run it in debug mode. After sending an email, nothing happened. The email was recieved by the server but there was no action at all in amavis.

I also checked the mail.log and nothing unusual was there either.

I’d like to have a clue on how to continue debugging. Where to look to sort out things or any clue on what may be wrong.

Thanks!

Hi,
Seems like you mannuly setup of Mail server, you need to debug Amavis.
You can follow this link for trubleshoot

We have also just released EasyEngine Mail Release which installs and configure all mail packages for you.

Thanks for your answer.

Since I am not yet in production, do you think it makes sense to manually uninstall my manual install and reinstall everything with the new easyengine stack installer? Or just launch the easyengine installer and see if i’ll get things working?

If you want to go with EasyEngine, I will recomend you to manully purge/uninstall your previous configuration and packages (including their configuration files, databases and users) and then proceed with EasyEngine mail.

Hi @gregorgresak,

I hope your query is resolved. I am closing this support topic for now.

Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: