Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

Not sure if this is an RtMEdia thing - or if this nothing to do with RtMEdia but instead an issue with the emergency patch BP released 24 hours or so ago but… Getting lots of errors on site - logs show things like this: [29-Aug-2015 22:51:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9360 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/upload/processors/RTMediaUploadFile.php on line 313

and [30-Aug-2015 02:37:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2340 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/upload/processors/RTMediaUploadFile.php on line 313 [30-Aug-2015 05:27:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘databaseNameRedacted.wp_1_bp_activity’ doesn’t exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_1_bp_activity made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), apply_filters(‘template_include’), call_user_func_array, RTMediaRouter->template_include, RTMediaTemplate->set_template, RTMediaTemplate->check_return_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_single_edit

I disabled all other plugins, and using 2015 theme - things were better for a little while - and then the errors started happening again.

I had to disable rtmedia for the time being while trying to see if this error continues with it disabled or not.

Does rtmedia check for enough memory before doing things and present an good error to users if things will not work?

Maybe there is a memory leak in rtmedia that is magnified with the latest bp patch?

Again, not sure this is an rtmedia problem - could be a bp-custom setting for something - but all these errors just started in last 24 hours - and it looks like rtmedia is not giving users any good error message when things fail.

The site is also now failing for things like status updates and such.

Hi @stevemedia

Can you give me debug info available under rtMedia admin > Support ? According to error, it occurred during upload process though no idea about wp_1_bp_activity database error. Is your WordPress setup is multisite?

Thanks for checking into this! Yes it’s a multi-site install here is debug info from that tab: PHP 5.4.30

MYSQL

WordPress

BuddyPress

rtMedia

OS
								Linux

Imagick
								Not Installed

GD
								bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

[php.ini] post_max_size
								100M

[php.ini] upload_max_filesize
								100M

[php.ini] memory_limit
								256M

Installed Plugins
								BP Blog Author Profile Link by Ron Rennick version 2.8.1, 

BP Profile Search by Andrea Tarantini version 4.3, IP Geo Block by tokkonopapa version 2.1.3, Quick Chat by Marko Martinović version 4.13, Recent Posts Widget Extended by Satrya version 0.9.9.2

Theme Name
								Twenty Fourteen

Theme Version

Author URL
								https://wordpress.org/

Template Overrides
								plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-gallery-item.php, 

plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/album-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-gallery-item.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-gallery.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-single-edit.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/media-single.php, plugins/buddypress-media/templates/media/uploader.php

Total Albums

Total Musics

Total Photos

Total Videos

Still getting similar errors… this one I think may do with editing media or something? eg: [04-Sep-2015 13:05:32 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘database_name.wp_1_bp_activity’ doesn’t exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_1_bp_activity made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), apply_filters(‘template_include’), call_user_func_array, RTMediaRouter->template_include, RTMediaTemplate->set_template, RTMediaTemplate->check_return_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_edit, RTMediaTemplate->save_single_edit

Getting the same message “allowed memory…exhausted” and “fatal error” on a brand new domain / wordpress install of new theme of which this was a recommended plugin. Deleted everything to do with my domain and re-installed wordpress and fine until I added this plugin - again.

does anyone have an idea about this issue? we have the same one if we had a lot of picture in a bb groups media part. our workaround is to limit the display to only 4 pictures…

@AlexFR - my hosting company did a work around for me by increasing the amount of memory allocated to wordpress, both in the standard files, and via php.ini - just doing one or the other would not fix… and then they had to edit something in… wp-admin.php I think, that told wordpress it could access more memory for the wordpress admin backend as well. I have details buried in one of my email boxes… I feel sorry for people who can not allocate more memory!

Hello, do you have an idea of the parameters and there value? on my side I specify in wp-admin.php

WP_MEMORY_LIMIT 1024M

WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT 1024M

Regards Alexandre

we bumped mine to 512M and it started working fine… but I had also disabled all other plugins, then only re-enabled a few of the others - not all of them.

Hi I still have this issue :cry: How can i investigate?