Aliases in Vimbadmin seem to be ignored

I’ve googled this and I see a lot of people have problems with aliases but nothing really helped, so… I add aliases and they don’t seem to do anything. My emails get rejected with “Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table”

So, I create a mailbox for the address and I no longer get that message but it still doesn’t forward the email to my main address.

Is there some way to have several email addresses all go to one box? (Or even have everything go to a gmail account?)

Still haven’t been able to get aliases to work. Am I misunderstanding the purpose?

Hi,
Sorry for dealyed reply.

We tested the alias, its working fine. Refer following screenshot for adding alias in ViMbAdmin.

Yes, I had same problem, ee version 2.2.1 I discovered why and now all aliases goes ok. go to: /etc/postfix/main.cf and edit writing at the end this line: virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_alias_maps.cf , and than $ ee stack restart. I found more info here

Interesting. This makes sense to me, but @gau1991 you guys have been using this successfully without calling virtual_alias_maps.cf from main.cf?

After adding this line, I’m actually getting 2 copies of each forwarded email, but none without it

I receive just one copy. I made one aliase of all domain name and i receive into my gmail account

@atonit, Thanks for solution. I just tested. Your solution seems working fine. I am adding that to next version of EasyEngine

Hello @andrewklimek

I hope your query is resolved. I am closing this support topic for now.

Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: