Album titles hijack page slugs

Hi, after many hours of headaches I found out that RT has a bad side effect:

• When an album is first published, with name “subject”, then it is impossible to create a page afterwards with slug mysite.com/subject.

It will always be changed to mysite.com/subject-2 and it cannot be changed as the “subject” slug has been hijacked by RT, even though it is not displayed anywhere.

This is very annoying and I had to dig into the post and post meta tables to dicover RTmedia as the culprit. I also do not understand why RT uses the album title as a (hidden) url in post table, but the public URL is ugly: user/username/media/3 (a number, not the slug/name).

Cheers

Hi Pato,
rtMedia uses Custom Post Type for album. So that might be creating conflict I am not sure.

For testing purpose, try adding a new post with same title as you gave to album.

Hi, yes, that is what I just explained. I tried to make a post, but the slugs kept on changing. This turned out to e because there was already a RT album with that name, even though it never uses teh slug anywhere, it hijacks it.

Hi Pato,
As I said earlier, rtMedia uses custom post type for albums, which will use title as a slug. Now, first you had created an album with the same title which you are using later to create a post and that’s why you face this issue.