Adding PageSpeed and Naxsi to the Stack

Hi everyone,

Just discovered EasyEngine the other day and loving the ease of use it offers for setting up a descent servers’ starting-point for WordPress :slight_smile:

I was looking around on the rtCamp git site and the packages on launchPad and was trying to get a understanding how everything links up [ keep in mind I am a newB with compiling Nginx ].

My question is; Not being so successful [yet - LOL], does anyone out there have a fork/repo that can install Nginx with PageSpeed and Naxsi for WordPress MultiSites using sub-domains???

Or, How can I fork EasyEngine and what areas in the code I need to change [ to work properly by add-apt-repository -y ppa:MY_NGINX_CONFIG ]? Obviously I’ll need to fork the “ppa:rtcamp/nginx” repo so I can modify Nginx with the Naxsi and PageSpeed modules.

Or even better yet; Is rtCamp planing to create a stack install [soon - lol] containing the Naxsi and PageSpeed modules? If so, when and is it on the road-map? I am sure there is a demand for these mods since they are becoming mainstream for WP installs on Nginx servers. The site I am currently building wont be live for several more weeks so I will be willing to wait and continue developing on the current ee stack until it is available.

Your input will be greatly appreciated

Thnx,
Jason

@WalkingFish
Hi,
Naxsi module is allready in our repo. You can try that with

apt-get install nginx-naxsi  

But it will remove installed nginx-custom package. Although we never tried Naxsi,
Pagespeed is allready on our roadmap. You can track that on github:
https://github.com/rtCamp/easyengine/issues/130.

You are also always welcome to fork the repo and submit pool request. Our launchpad package code is available here.

Am I correct that I could fork your repo, edit the rtcamp specific stuff and use it to create my own PPA on launchpad? If so, this might be the best way for me to get familiar with maintaining a PPA. I’ve been really wanting to learn this but haven’t found any sufficiently clear documentation to help. Aside from the docs on github, do you know of any tutorials you could point me to in order to help me set that up? I would be very grateful.

We have added article for EasyEngine and Pagespeed:

Hello,

Any news regarding Naxsi, please?

Thanks!

Hi @jasonalankenned

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: