Add rtmedia_uploader to edit.php for profiles in buddypress throwing album error

I literally thought this was as easy as installing rtmedia plugin, turning on "enable media in profile" in the settings screens, and then adding: <?php rtmedia_uploader();?> whereever I wanted the uploader to appear in my edit.php template. However, I'm getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_album() in /home/countdow/public_html/frn/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php on line 690

Am I missing something extremely simple, or was I wrong to assume it would be this easy? :/

Any info you can offer would be great - I'm attempting to give my users the ability to add an image in their profile edit screen, and I want to call that image in the profile-loop.php template.

Thanks! Danny

@dannybatista I tested it by adding uploader shortcode in buddypress template profile/edit.php and its working great.

By using anywhere uploader, you can upload media in to user media. To access that images in profile-loop , you have to change some attribute like context (default will be profile) so you can differentiate that images from other user uploaded media and access it in profile loop.

Insteresting Faishal. After I read your reply I did what any rational WP developer would do. I went and created a totally fresh install of the latest wordpress on a new testing server, installed the latest buddypress, made the buddypress default theme live, navigated to: /plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/members/single/profile/edit.php and inserted <?php rtmedia_uploader(); ?> directly after the while loop line to display editable profile fields: <?php while ( bp_profile_fields() ) : bp_the_profile_field(); ?>

I then logged in as a fresh user, navigated on the front end of the test website to the users edit profile screen and got the same after clicking edit:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_album() in /home/countdow/public_html/frnn/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php on line 690

What am I missing? This should have been the fool proof way to get the same result you got...

Thanks for anyone's help!

If it helps, here is the debug info from the rtmedia settings screen:

(image attached)

I'm assuming this is all basic/standard since this is a fresh fresh install of everything with no custom work done, for testing purposes...

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/48994/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-18-at-11.22.41-AM.png

@Faishal Saiyed are you able to offer some opinions or thoughts?

@dannybatista - Apologies for the late reply. We are looking into this and trying to figure out what may be causing this issue. Will get back to you soon on this.

@dannybatista sorry for inconvenience,I checked in twenty thirteen and its working in that theme, in BuddyPress default theme there is an issue with rtMedia, on profile edit page context and interaction is not set, because of that its causing an issue in uploader. I already discuss this issue with our developer, it will fixed soon.

Sounds great! Can’t wait for the update.